Gloucester Cathedral

Iansky

All-Pro
I took these images inside the Cathedral and again the camera delivered great quality and sharpness - the great tones and textures did the camera proud and complimented the scenes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beautiful, Ian, those are seriously massive columns in photo 2--is that the main section of the cathedral or a side area? My wife is way into the history of cathedrals; she recently found the BBC series on famous British cathedrals on You Tube, and we've just finished watching the miniseries adaptation of Ken Follet's "Pillars of the Earth", so I am definitely intrigued by your latest subject.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Penfan, the 2nd picture shows the main part of the cathedral and through the arch at the top is where the choir sit and on to the main altar, it is a stunning cathedral with lots of smaller rooms and the cloisters that run all around the building.

I've only had the good fortune of being in England once and that was waaaaaaay too many years ago. That said some of my fondest memories are of visiting the many cathedrals. Cathedrals, the Lake District and high tea are all vying for fist place in my memory. Thank you so much for these, Ian!

Back