Godox MF-12 Flash Units

AndyMcD

All-Pro
I picked up the K2 set of these (so 2x flash units plus the adapter rings, gels etc for them.

Here is a quick test picture using them mounted onto the Fuji 80/2.8 lens, I use the XPro trigger to control them.

Unit A was at the 1 o' clock position (as viewed from behind the camera) and was at 1/16th of full power. Unit B was at the 11 o'clock position and was at 1/8th of full power.

This is a stack of 6 pictures and has been cropped slightly from the original size.

2021122814-45-10.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just got one of these sets myself, not had much of a chance to use them yet, other that photographing things about the house (as you do).

So far I am quite impressed with them, might need to add a larger diffuser to them to reduce a slight but obvious hot spot, but other than that they work well, and I am only working in TTL at the moment.

I am triggering mine with the little X1T trigger.

Paul

Just got one of these sets myself, not had much of a chance to use them yet, other that photographing things about the house (as you do).

So far I am quite impressed with them, might need to add a larger diffuser to them to reduce a slight but obvious hot spot, but other than that they work well, and I am only working in TTL at the moment.

I am triggering mine with the little X1T trigger.

Paul
One of the Youtube videos I watched showed someone who took the plastic from a drinks bottle and cut it into a rectangle. He then cut a hole at one end that the "foot" of the MF-12 fit through and he used velcro on the other end of the plastic and had that attach to the top of the flash unit. This formed a half-tube in front of the flash and acted as a diffuser to get rid of the hot spot.

Godox now offer a dedicated adapter for the MF-12 that allows you to use their round head magnetic attachments. I already had adapters for my main strobes so I picked some up.

Back