Stroll Going for a walk at 3am with the 'family'.

My sleeping habits are all over the place at the moment. I'm up when I should be sleeping, and to make things worse I'm also up when I'm supposed to be up but only because I have to.

So anyway I took the 'family' out for a walk at 3am this morning. They love the night walks because it's very quiet so they are relaxed, they have the run of the streets.

For the cats particularly, if you go on these night walks with them when they're young, it solidifies a bond with them because the night is their domain and they love it that you're hanging out with them in their world.

On the rare occasion we come across other cats in the night, some of whom don't like Jadey and Atom walking through their territory. Jadey would call me over and I would shoo the other cat away before it starts a fight. For Atom, he generally wants to make new friends but on the odd occasion he's also protective of us and tries to shoo the offending cat away (with me right behind him but he thinks it's all him).

That's Atom in the foreground, Keesha to the left, and Jadey in the background:

8545705032_a846defd71_c.jpg

Keesha:

8544612877_0ba46e8c74_c.jpg

Jadey in the foreground, Atom in the background:

8545734850_c6ffbf6f2b_c.jpg

Jadey:

8545661242_a272d82438_c.jpg

Keesha:

8545723122_4be9e1f81c_c.jpg

Nice James. While these images are quite noisy, they still easily convey the story of night and strolling about and exploration. The lack of details give rise to the viewers Gestalt instincts, easily filling in the missing pieces of your puzzel.

Gary

Love these shots, love the whole idea of night walking with the animals. Tom loves it when I get out into his territory, and he will walk with me (or I with him) but the neighbourhood, its not as safe as it once was. Perhaps if I was male, and a lot younger, I would do it...

As for the new M!! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

Love these shots, love the whole idea of night walking with the animals. Tom loves it when I get out into his territory, and he will walk with me (or I with him) but the neighbourhood, its not as safe as it once was. Perhaps if I was male, and a lot younger, I would do it...

It's completely safe in my neighbourhood, especially at that time of the night when there is absolutely no one up and about. Its so quiet and peaceful that you feel that you're the only person walking the earth.

I hope you are ok James.

I do like the photographs of the little dudes! Nice story too, but do get some sleep!

Thanks Karen, I will survive. It's partly because of the very hot and humid summer nights, makes it harder to sleep properly.

Ah just like me up at all hours. It's really great you could take them for a walk though.There's always a kind of magic in night walks.

That's how it goes though James, you doze, you wake and the list rolls on in your head and then you can't get to sleep. I have had insomnia on and off since my teens. I have found lately that getting up for a while, not doing anything vigorous but just getting up and resetting the body clock helps in going back to sleep rather than laying there for three to four hours. Also, can't remember where the article is but I read that we're basically meant to sleep in a couple blocks, like at dusk and then to wake a while and then once more. If I find the article I'll share it.

Back