Stroll Going for a walk at 3am with the 'family'.

Looking at your photos again.... I don't think I've seen a series of pet photos I enjoy more. Years ago I could hang out outdoors with my cats, but it was dangerous back then (due to traffic) and it's far more dangerous now.

"A cat is dreamy. It loves the night, the adventurous darkness where it swims like a fish in oil." - A Cat, by Leonard Michaels

My cat is a total house cat. With my neighbors cats always killing the local birds, bunnies, ducks.. and we are in the suburbs house next to house mind you, I never felt comfortable about the idea of putting my cat out. In fact several neighbors have lost their cats, perhaps to the coyotes that also are nearby. Anyway, that doesn't mean my cat doesn't have her night thing going on. I used to sit outside at night watching my kids play and my cat would mewl at the door so I would lean back and open it up. She'd come out on the steps with me and then slink off into the bushes beside the steps. I would retrieve her when she started to go around the corner of the house where I couldn't see her. She's all black! Conversely, in the summer when we were in the fenced back yard [not that cats mind fences] and it was daylight, the cat would yowl at the door wanting back in the house. Like a little Jeckyl and Hyde. I don't put her out though and it's been years since the last time she came out on the steps with me. They do however love the night.

Thanks Yeats and Isoterica, I've been lucky with my cats so far. They seem to be street smart enough to stay away from cars.

We don't have coyotes in Australia BUT I know there are foxes in my neighbourhood. However, they are very timid. In fact one night years ago I was taking Keesha, Jadey and my other dog Ren out for a walk, when Keesha started showing interested in a large thick bushes by the side of the road. She started sniffing and sticking her head into one of the very large thick bushes. In the mean time Jadey started sniffing and poking around on the other side of the bush. And all of a sudden, a fox burst out of the bush in the middle and ran off down the road with Keesha in hot pursuit. A moment later Jadey stuck her head out from the bush looking extremely surprised.

Keesha only chased the fox a short way and she came back but I thought that was quite hilarious.

Love these shots, love the whole idea of night walking with the animals. Tom loves it when I get out into his territory, and he will walk with me (or I with him) but the neighbourhood, its not as safe as it once was. Perhaps if I was male, and a lot younger, I would do it...

As for the new M!! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

+1 on all counts!

--
Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

Doesn't help that there are busy things on the mind, things I have to do tomorrow, later in the week, next week. And beyond.
You've been having a rough time lately, James. I do hope your "stuff" settles down soon. I didnt get to photograph Tom, as soon as I opened the front door he raced inside like the hounds of hell were after him. Perhaps they were. I took a few in the street, all tedious without Tom in them but oh well.

Nah it doesn't look like things are going to settle down for a while.

Sue - my cats and dog know when I pick up my camera bag and put it around my shoulder, it's walkies time and they start heading to the door.

Darnit on not settling... at least, going walkies with the animals, and photographing them, must give some relief, a restette, if you like, from the issues plaguing you at the moment.

Back