Going to go with the Gh6 and the 14-140mm...anyone use this combo?

My "good glass" (all M43 is good glass if you ask me) is 7-14, 12-35,35-100,100-400. I've also got the 7.5 FE and 60mm Oly macro (which is a fantastic lens). I was going to go for one of the f1.7 zooms and realized heavy and very duplicative of the FOV's I have for my non-PRO use. So I've been thinking of getting the Gh6 with the 14-140II for when I need a "camcorder" instead of going for the best quality I have in my kit. The lens reviews are pretty good and from what I've seen on youtube, the combo provides nice images (I'd probably carry my 14mm with GWC1 or the 7.5mm in a pocket for very wide stuff).

If you've used the 14-140II with a Gh4/5 or 6, how did it work for you - both in work flow and quality.

Thanks.

I can't wait to see more everyday samples for the GH6. Wish I could help you on the lens--it's one I've actually never used before. I will say the PL12-60 is a fantastic lens for video. I remember taking a few nature clips with it and the G9 and the Mrs said it looked like it was taken on professional video equipment.

I'm torn between the 12-60 and the 14-140, my 12-35 and 35-100 are crazy good lenses....

Here is a Vimeo sample of how the Gh6 can be a cinema camera:

I will be mostly shooting nature (the G9 is pretty dam good in it's own rights). If you read the DPR and look at the crappy shot they used for thier "findings" for trying to show shadow noise you'll know it just DPR's poor/prejudice way of reviewing Pany cameras. Anyone who has one of the AI programs can take care of noise, nothing can help an idiot that needs to raise the shadows by more than a couple of stops.

Perhaps more than any other Gh camera the Gh6 is a very powerful stills and video camera IMHO. If Pany would announce a G10 in September and not a update/new FF I probably would get that instead as I love the G9's. But if it is a FF camera, the Gh6 it be.

I have the 14-140 MkII first edition, iow not the weatherproofed last issue. It is a very nice trotting around with lens, size-wise it is somewhat on par with the 12-35, and I think it weighs about the same. I am slightly on the fence with it though, due to its size.

Carrying a small camera with a small lens is good and great for roaming with the possibility to take photos. Carrying the "pro" gear when actually out for a shot/hunt is no problem, but carrying a small camera with a large(ish) lens is somewhat counter-intuitive for me. I ended up carrying the GX9 with the 12-32 on vacation with the 35-100 kit zoom in a pocket, instead of the 14-140 for example. There were a couple of occasions where the 140 would have come in handy but was left at the villa, but I missed the short end more than the long.

I am somewhat still wringing it out, to see where it may fit with my "workflow", so to speak.

Anyhow, the GH6 cant really be described as small, so it may very well be a match made in heaven for roaming with that.

*Edited to add that I have used it on the GX9, G90, G9 and for a very short period, on the GM5...

Back