Lighting golden hour colour

lucien

Legend
Hi I want to know what's best to achieve the golden/orange light everyone is after. I can use colour temperature orange gel over my speedlight. 2) I could use a reflector with a gold backing. Can I take a picture of an orange card and use it as a white balance preset? Will my pictures have that 'glow' I don't want to go in the menu and play around with magenta, blue etc. The temp. I'm looking for is around 6,800 K . Last but not least, I could do it in software. Simplest, ultimately adjustable etc. And costs nothing

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Well at it's simplest, in LR/PS I can only suggest sliding the temperature towards the particular shading of yellow to your liking, then doing the same with the oranges and yellows of the Color Mixer (Saturation/Hue/Luminance).

I know, I just wanted a preset in the camera for convenience. Instead of going through each image to achieve the "look". I'll get the gels soon and see how they work. The reflector is coming soon as well.

thanks, so far

I know, I just wanted a preset in the camera for convenience. Instead of going through each image to achieve the "look".
If you shoot in the studio, WB and other factors are in control and you should be able to make the basic adjustments to one pic and apply them to every pic in the photo shoot.

thanks Chris , colour temperature orange you mean? I mentioned that. Do you use them?
Yup, color temperature orange. I haven’t used them yet, but I’ve been watching some videos lately about them, and how you can even use them outdoors to mimic the golden hour effect anytime of day.
One of the videos was from a photographer I worked with on my work trip in Tucson, and she uses 2 of them stacked when doing it outdoors, but if it’s strictly indoors I imagine one should do the trick.

I have completed the flash gel test.

wratten 85 1f stop, 5000-3200k And here are the results. It works, but..... My original question was, can I create at a preset white balance. Btw lightroom read them out as 6200k. combined with my Auto1 in the D7500. Why can't I just punch those numbers into the camera and save them as a preset. Not not fiddle around with the elastic band and the filter all the time? Just go to white balance and choose my preset?

DSC_4408.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_4410.JPG
DSC_4418.JPG
DSC_4417.JPG

Back