Fuji Gone, baby.......gone. X100S

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
Well, I persevered........what else can you do with a loved one but persevere and try to save a relationship. Eventually.........it became too much and I had to let her go. My beloved X100S has been replaced by a Ricoh GXR with finder and a 21mm f/2.8 Zeiss Biogon lens. The Fuji was just too light and too big for my clumsy tremulous hands. My street work was suffering......I was missing shots I could have bagged with the grd3 easily.

It was hard, but she had gone and hopefully to a better place. I'll be around on seriouscompacts and ricoh forums.

See you all around, all the best

Pete

Pete, you've proven that you can create great images with cameras large and small. Best wishes for continued success with whatever camera is lucky enough to be in your skillful hands. Looking forward to following your work wherever it appears!

Pete, sorry to hear your tremors have advanced to the point that the X100s wasn't working for you - you've made plenty of magic with that camera. I hope you enjoy the GXR - I really enjoyed shooting with the GXR with the 28 and I guess the 21 will work out to an effective 32 or 33 - you should be right at home with that. You'll do great work with whatever you use - you just have to get used to the different shooting characteristics...

-Ray

Good luck with your new gear Peter. Thanks for posting some truly inspirational images from your x100s. I'll continue to follow your work on Flickr and I've no doubt it will continue to be an insipiration. Phil

So I'll have to check flickr more often! Good luck with your new camera, and completely agree it's most important to make the pictures you want with the camera that suits you best!

Back