Leica Good Deals

Mijo

Veteran
I thought I would start this thread so that members have a place to post good deals on Leica gear that other members might be interested in.

Right now on Leica Store Miami's website, within the used section , there are two MM for slightly more than $5K (one is a recent CLA and the other comes with extra batteries). I just bought a slightly used MM for $6K (but it has the full warranty) and would have loved to save some $ on either of these.

Also within the same used section there is a used MP (that's been CLA'd) for just under $3K. I bought a used MP from them a couple of months ago for slightly more, most of the used MPs that I saw online were closer to 3.5 to $4k.

Another screaming deal I've recently found, over at Popflash, is the 21mm summilux for just over $5k. I've never seen this lens at this low of a price anywhere, even used.

The market right now for Leica cameras and lenses is quite soft. I recently saw a 21mm Lux sold on Ebay for $4300, another like new Noct 0.95 went for $7300. Definitely a buyers market now. If you have the money, stock up :) I am on the hunt for some R lenses like the 80mm and the 19mm. Eventually, I am hoping to mate them with a DSLR, maybe a Canon this time since they are easier to adapt to Canon than Nikon.

I read somewhere that the used market for Leica M gear is softest at the end of the life cycle for the most current M body that is out. The good deals that are currently appearing would seem to support that idea. I expect the pricing within the used market to increase once the sucessor to the 240 is released, based on what I've read.

I bought my MM (barely) used in August 2013 for $6K. With prices still there, I guess that was a pretty amazing deal. What I need now though is a color digital M (either M9 or M240) at or near $3K.

I bought my MM (barely) used in August 2013 for $6K. With prices still there, I guess that was a pretty amazing deal. What I need now though is a color digital M (either M9 or M240) at or near $3K.

You got a really good deal on your MM, even more so considering when you bought it. I haven't seen any used 240s going for under $5K yet, from dealer that I'm familiar with anyway. However I've seen a number of used M9s that are within your range, they tend to sell pretty quickly though. A few weeks back I saw one of the Leica Stores (Miami or DC) had a used M9P with a very low shutter count and grip for around $3500, I was really tempted to pick that up over the MM but it sold within a day of me finding it.

I'm hoping with the release of the sucessor for the 240 that the used M9s bottom out and I can pick one up again. As much as I like the MM, I really miss the colors from the M9 sensor at base ISO.

You got a really good deal on your MM, even more so considering when you bought it. I haven't seen any used 240s going for under $5K yet, from dealer that I'm familiar with anyway. However I've seen a number of used M9s that are within your range, they tend to sell pretty quickly though. A few weeks back I saw one of the Leica Stores (Miami or DC) had a used M9P with a very low shutter count and grip for around $3500, I was really tempted to pick that up over the MM but it sold within a day of me finding it.

I'm hoping with the release of the sucessor for the 240 that the used M9s bottom out and I can pick one up again. As much as I like the MM, I really miss the colors from the M9 sensor at base ISO.

I'm leaning toward an M9 over an M240 because I also like CCD color, and just as importantly it would use the same batteries and chargers as my MM II already have three different charger and battery types (MM, X Vario and Nikon Df) and would rather not add a fourth.

Nice looking M9 at RFF right now for 2800USD. The 28 cron can be had for as low as 2400. 50 lux asph 2800 easy.

Also there is a nice canon 50/1.2 at RFF now for 400

But I don't see the v1 35 cron or 75 Lux going for too cheap LOL

CV 15/4.5 II with finder for 475 at FM now

SEM 24 for 1700 at FM now

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, found the new X (typ113) in like-new condition with warranty form a dealer at $1750. Offered them $1600 and they took it.
Combining the new X with its fast prime and my existing X Vario with its slow, but amazing zoom has taken away any desire for a color M. I love my rangefinders, but for travel I prefer autofocus cameras that I can pass off to a stranger and get into a few of the pictures with. My wife also hates using a rangefinder and only wants to use autofocus (she likes the X Vario, but with the EVF disabled).

The two X cameras fit nicely in my very small Billingham Hadley Digital and share everything except the EVF (the new one is much better, old one adequate, I'll leave both essentially permanently attached). Even batteries and chargers are the same, making for a nice and compact travel kit that covers almost all lighting and focal length requirements for me, has identical handling and controls and eliminates the need to bring any other gear when traveling on a non-photography trip. For dedicated photo trips its usually the M Monochrom and/or M5, or the Nikon Df and Nikkormat FT3, but photo trips are fairly rare for me, while big vacations (where the family wants large 11X14 photobooks afterwards) are just perfect with these X cameras. All of the image quality I could possibly want, real manual controls that let me have serious photographic fun without a bagful of bodies and lenses, and absolutely incredible results in color DNG and gorgeous B&W JPEGs.

My X should arrive on Monday, stay tuned for images.

I've never seen a M9 or the 28 cron sell for that low before. I feel the GAS building.... must resist.
It seems that the M9 is right around there now. I paid $2850 for my M9 with a bunch of extras (extra battery, luigi case, strap , m-mate bottom plate, etc) a couple months ago.

It seems that the M9 is right around there now. I paid $2850 for my M9 with a bunch of extras (extra battery, luigi case, strap , m-mate bottom plate, etc) a couple months ago.

At those prices it seems like the used M9 market is going to cannabilize the new M-E market. Once the sucessor to the 240 is released, I wonder how much lower the used market for the M9s will drop. With Leica's current repair/trade policy for the CCD sensors it certainly makes the used CCD market very dynamic.

My guess that the M9 will hold its price. Look at the M8, after all these years, a mint one is still going for around $1500-$2000 and around $2000-$2500 for the M8.2.

Back