Fuji Good News, Amazon shipped! Bad News, 8 day wait for defalt std. shipping

Yay! And crud. :( Just be sure to check your delivery options - would be awful to add another day of going to fedex, UPS, or USPS to sign for the package.

While I'm a major Amazon customer (they call me if I don't place an order for 4 days to check on my health).
I've been very concerned about how they fill orders in the last 7 months.

When it was first possible to order an EOS-M and the lens converter I placed an order (They didn't highlight the focus problems in the original marketing material). I got the M in a reasonable amount of time, but the lens converter was on back order through Amazon Prime for 3 months (even though it was in plentiful supply with prime marketplace vendors).

I used to feel that if you placed an pre-order that you would get the product at launch or at least shipped in the order they were received, not sure this is still the case. Anyone else have thought on this?

Ordered a small item. Shipped from another company ( Amazon doesn't stock everything they sell/broker). UPS ground, (snail), on day of projected delivery, it did not arrive. Next day USPS truck brought it labeled Priority (over UPS label). UPS drives right by our drive. They took it to PO (About 1.5 miles from house)for delivery. Management issues?

While I'm a major Amazon customer (they call me if I don't place an order for 4 days to check on my health).
I've been very concerned about how they fill orders in the last 7 months.

When it was first possible to order an EOS-M and the lens converter I placed an order (They didn't highlight the focus problems in the original marketing material). I got the M in a reasonable amount of time, but the lens converter was on back order through Amazon Prime for 3 months (even though it was in plentiful supply with prime marketplace vendors).

I used to feel that if you placed an pre-order that you would get the product at launch or at least shipped in the order they were received, not sure this is still the case. Anyone else have thought on this?

I'm sure they ship them in the order that the orders are received, however, I seem to recall Amazon being the slowest to fill their pre-orders for the OM-D E-M5 as well. I have an Amazon credit card which earns me points and with Amazon I don't have to pay tax, but I still placed a second order with my local retailer (picked up my camera yesterday) as I figured Amazon might be late to the party this time as well. Seems like maybe I was right? In Amazon's defense, perhaps there are just supply chain issues as my local shop had 6 cameras on order and only got 3 in. You'd figure that with such a small quantity, Fuji could fill the entire order, but maybe the cameras are just trickling in everywhere.

Back