Fuji Good Time to Buy a Fuji System - Discounts on Fuji X System Cameras and Lenses

RT Panther

All-Pro
Dec 25, 2012
I think you're onto something here. On one hand, I'd really like to pick up an X-E1 kit while the current promotion is going on. On the other hand, I suspect the X-E2 may be noticeably better. One thing to consider: the X-E1 is the newest of the first-generation X cameras. So it arguably requires to least amount of improvements.
That's the thing.
I have an x100 & since the introduction of the x100s, I've vowed that I won't get "bit" by another 1st generation Fuji body - thus I'm content to wait for a 2nd generation X-E or X-Pro body. :cool:

romi.gilles

Top Veteran
May 17, 2013
back in Crooklyn
That's the thing.
I have an x100 & since the introduction of the x100s, I've vowed that I won't get "bit" by another 1st generation Fuji body - thus I'm content to wait for a 2nd generation X-E or X-Pro body. :cool:
as far as the x-bodies go, i feel the biggest investment is in the lenses (as with other interchangeable lens systems). the x-e1 works well enough that it's probably worth the current deals especially packaged with a lens/es. and for my needs, a second body is a plus.

(Sent from my EVO)

RT Panther

All-Pro
Dec 25, 2012
the x-e1 works well enough that it's probably worth the current deals especially for packaged with a lens/es.
Problem is that as an X100 owner, is that if I'm going to upgrade/add, it doesn't make sense (to me) to get another 1st generation body.

romi.gilles

Top Veteran
May 17, 2013
back in Crooklyn
Problem is that as an X100 owner, is that if I'm going to upgrade/add, it doesn't make sense (to me) to get another 1st generation body.
i guess i always pictured the x-e1 as an improved x-p1, minus the hybrid vf. it'll probably be some time before the x-e1 successor comes out anyway since it's fairly recent. the sales are probably an indication for an exciting, new x-p1. let's see what happens...

(Sent from my EVO)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom