Goodmorning!

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
to everyone hanging here around. Are you dreaming of another / new camera, if so, which one? I'm still waiting for the Sony Bloggie 3D, what I like is it's price only 199 bugs!

'Morning Herman, I love my Ricoh! I used to have the GX100 and also a film GRD (I still have it!) I took the Ricoh GXR out for a spin yesterday and it just feels so right in your hand. It has a good grip yet it's very light. The 50mm macro lens is also a little gem :)

Look forward to seeing your GRDIII pics Kyteflyer, it's an amazing camera too ;)

Herman I have no idea what makes it special. I have never owned one before. I've just been looking at the photographs people are submitting to various threads and decided that it, or the GX200 would probably be my next. The price was knocked down so far, I couldnt resist, even though I should have. (Think I'll run a camera sale out of my house this weekend)

So far, I havent taken many pix, just the usual in shop stuff that everyone does. However what I have noticed is that the finish is nice and "grippy". It won't slip out of your hand in a hurry. Its nice NOT to have a zoom, you have to think about framing. It's going to be perfect for the "from the hip street shots" because it focuses really well. Its quiet. Even with the sound on, its quiet. Its lightweight. Its a feather compared to both my G11 and Fuji F550.

Hope to be able to get out tomorrow for a while but I'll be doing my usual testing the sunrise shots, testing the harsh light shots so there won't be much terribly interesting amongst it. I'd go down to the pond if the local council had not put up great plastic orange barriers everywhere and spoilt the ambience. No doubt some parent complained that a child might drown there. Next, there will be chainlink fences. But... I digress... often and a lot.

So far, love the GRD3

It's hard to top that one, Bill. Robin Williams in his best role ever - great movie!

Thanks BB - the film was repeated on "The BBC" or another UK Chanel last week - when I first saw the film, some years ago, I thought that it was great and I have always liked Robin Williams - but on this viewing - last week, I felt that the film just lacked something; certain parts of the "story line" seemed weak, (to me), and somewhat shallow and his attraction to the Vietnamese girl was, IMHO, poorly done, (or maybe that it one side of RB repertoire that he does not do well) - although I would think that, at the time it was seen as "cutting edge" and controversial - but such narratives these days tend to be far more "searching" and revealing.

I do realise that is was a serious comedy with a very profound message and don't get me wrong, I do like the film and respect the intentions that were portrayed

True, Bill and I do know what you're saying about certain parts of the movie. I guess memory has a way of blotting out some of that stuff (if we're lucky) that we didn't like.

Not having been involved in any wars, thankfully, I always feel uncomfortable saying what war movies I think were "really well done" because I have no reality to compare them to. From a layperson's point of view, growing up just a little too young to have classmates that could have been drafted during Vietnam but having an older brother who could have been, my husband who was but fortunately had his orders pulled just as Nixon was cutting back...and now knowing quite a few people who were in Vietnam.... Well, the war movie post WWII that probably has had the greatest impact on me is The Killing Fields. So yes, I really do agree with you.