Feedback Google Photos links behaving oddly

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Anyone having issues with Google Photos (ex Picassa) album image links?
Up until a short while ago I could paste in the image link and they'd appear fine. Now I just get the long URL, even thought the Preview image is fine. Same links work fine in mu-43.com which seems to be running roughly the same forum version.

Example - post with preview & yet the link appears as below -

Screenshot from 2019-09-08 09-32-49.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/e...b93ZEl0QFDJd10tFrqLcwgQACgaJfsk5=w868-h651-no

Hhhhhmm..... nothing has changed recently but I'll take a look. There may be something going on with how remote images are cached.
Confirmed: It's related to how remote linked images are cached locally. The add-on we are using here at Cameraderie is not the same one that is available publicly & in use by other sites; the purpose of the add-ons are the same but the coding of them is completely different.

I'll go through the code to see what's going in. My guess is that it's failing a file type check so it thinks it's not an image file even though it really is.

I'll go through the code to see what's going in. My guess is that it's failing a file type check so it thinks it's not an image file even though it really is.

Awesome - thanks!

Yeah, I always thought it was both odd and annoying that The Goog decided not to do the decent thing with image-links and put the extension on the end. Always marvelled at the forum softwares ability to go "Oh, its Google... OK, I'll jump through some hoops to parse this link so you don't have to".

Whoops, almost forgot to circle back to this one. I've patched the code with a quick fix that should display the image 'as-is' if it can't figure out if it's a good image to cache or not. I've got a cleaner fix being worked on at the test site but I need to torture test it yet before moving over to the production site.

e2b1rqXpDP6mNdpysg5luacRzSZ4fCd3D2DbqNpxmDM-KGBOusiPEUvIVoyxUuV2qkEdvCLQkwXH1ojkr6N9Yg_OYgI_429e6sI63UqVSRyc0zD-LRCOcl0q9OwvarfLspoPRnj0OoS9Go4l2WpOQYoRQmf-5SsTmeSnFPwn1ZZCf4YC70KwQGTlfAp1wCNa2EaiEGWcrNAr2LlQUKaEuByRKUEkfpMiY2UhHG9IXuCoVnIJ_Oezh9fvX5GVYffJhJnT_NfoOOQUpQyMNTzGQ4NOKBP0ZIDIy3gBRcsANTY05CAVeC-W1RpvZgMGeq-CYplNe60CLZLgfHlWuwvfdEkzkJR6qLTxIDkHDGXJZSoqWTRJcgxFs5796OVtaulLGaqDRq7KTCwStOv1vSqNrgwS_BpnmA1wGiI-WT1yb6_mKmhC2JpP7CCrBcsaeR-W2Bydo4Mg7N-OGc5otc0gK_pbKFf3R5LCYJaorcHPlikSxH30Am5mi7QR709CoCwtIvQ4wB9XXOS-QHSQ8sPHvFejmlCBnJK_Z15YsY8Xus-bYs0BHp3fJtw8IrFX1Zv47nsPC_J-mzJvr8qviMonlEHCY2tkgnZ_F7rSm4GViA5hgezx--ueze3NYWXDEr8C-CE8Bcpb95XLCQhUJCWO8qdB05MALOVgB-O6ajwURVsK1MukW2vztCmT9ESHQuytsLwqxX8IEw2eAOhJb93ZEl0QFDJd10tFrqLcwgQACgaJfsk5=w868-h651-no

For the geek crowd.... Google's weird, the real image info (name, mime type) comes over in the headers of the request. Why not just serve the file directly?

Back