Google Google Pixel 3 (I think I'm done with "traditional" cameras)

They have to be.

As seen on Star Trek.

Everytime I flip mine open, "Scotty beam me up. There is no intelligent life on this planet."

No, no... seriously, flip phones may be coming back.

Heck, even the Razr might be back.

No, no... seriously, flip phones may be coming back.

Heck, even the Razr might be back.

It looks somewhat like the Communicator on Star Trek Enterprise.

I like my Flip Phone. I figured out how to delete text messages that it receives without reading them. My wife and daughter know how to send a text to it. Write it down on a Sticky Note and flip the phone shut around it.

I really would like to have an old-style flip phone...AND a smart phone that could both be active so I could choose the flip when I want to be reachable, but without the distractions that I THINK are inherent (because sometimes if it's there, you just use it)

I really would like to have an old-style flip phone...AND a smart phone that could both be active so I could choose the flip when I want to be reachable, but without the distractions that I THINK are inherent (because sometimes if it's there, you just use it)
That's what the RAZR is purported to be; a small screen on the outside of the clamshell when it is closed for quick stuff and then the bigger 'full' screen when opened.

Another alternative would be a "smart watch"; even my Fitbit Versa shows me incoming calls & SMS messages and I can do quick canned responses from it.

I've got that kind of set up with T-Mobile. They were the only one of the major carriers that would let me do that. I have an iPhone 11 for business or whenever else I think it'll be useful. Then I have an Alcatel flip phone (that actually uses LTE not 2G or 3G) for when I want to travel light and only want to talk or text. 10 extra dollars a month over my $35 a month unlimited call/text/data plan. When someone dials my number, either phone can ring.

Back