Google +

My brain hurts. However, I've just looked at it and think I get it. I'm afraid that for me, right now, it's going to stay on the back burner. I have enough to do with my non SC friends, my SC friends, my Mu43 friends, my Flickr friends and my regular friends... Oh, wait, my regular friends are some of my SC and Mu43 friends...and even some of my Flickr friends who are also my MINI Cooper friends...and my family. :grouphug:

I can see how this would interest lots of folks and be helpful for certain circumstances. Here's a handy link for anyone else who is/was like me and didn't have a clue: The Google+ Project

I've just sent an invite to Mark (StillsHunter) because it seemed I had him in my email list. The thing about invites is that you need to know people's gmail address, or at least have the profile address. I did a search for Martin initially and according to gmail he didnt exist. I wonder if its to do with how people have their privacy levels on gmail and their google accounts...

@Jim.. if you want to be on google plus, you need to tell one of us what your gmail address is, or point us at your profile if you are already on, so we can add you to our circles.

Sue,
i already have a G+ account and am still exploring/ learning what it can do (at
a turtle speed) and will give a howler out to you guys when i am ready to be in
the SC circle...:D

Keep trying. They have to close it for a while when theres a rush on. Try again in an hour or so, you'll get in eventually.

I've taken a suggestion which was in a post I reshared to my sc circle. Its about how you should NOT treat it like facebook. Its not facebook, it wont ever be. Its different. Its different to Twitter, too, but you can follow interesting people without having to have them in any circle except "Following". I've added some geeky people who seem to get Google+ or who are involved in making it all happen. I know I will get tired of seeing updates from friends. I don't really give a rats what someone had for breakfast, if you get my drift. Google+ is more than that, and the potential to get involved, to collaborate and communicate with people who you would *never* usually communicate with... or, indeed, even know they exist... its fantastic. I am really getting into it and when I am done with Fish Wrangler I may never log in to Facebook again.

[edit] I hope the games never make their way over... but it seems commercial stuff is on the way... oh well, it all has to be paid for somehow.

I know we can;t post to someone else's circle but taking up Martin's idea of "the site to have its own google circle that members can subscribe to to see updates to the site and what is going on" it would work. If Don - or someone else was the official updater - all the people in his circle would get the info.

My point was that since everyone in Don's circle would be an SC member anyway there wouldn't be much point.

I know we can;t post to someone else's circle but taking up Martin's idea of "the site to have its own google circle that members can subscribe to to see updates to the site and what is going on" it would work. If Don - or someone else was the official updater - all the people in his circle would get the info.

My point was that since everyone in Don's circle would be an SC member anyway there wouldn't be much point.

I guess I didnt make myself clear. It is simply NOT possible to do this. End of. Maybe in future, but not now.

In any case, as you so rightly say, we are all SC members. We can get our info here. God forbid that at any time G+ would take the place of the forum. The more time wears on the more I feel a specific SC group is just silly. We don't need it.

When I invited you, oli, and Ricky, and Don, it was simply so you could actually get in. I named my circle seriouscompacts as a way of distinguishing you guys from my other circles. I've subsequently discovered that there is no reciprocal obligation for any of us to add each other to circles. Anyone who wants to remove me from theirs, go ahead, I really won't be offended. For me, the forum is enough.

I'm happy to help those who arent yet coming to grips with G+ but for anything else, I'll be in the forum.

Ricky Niell added to my SC circle.
Did a search for Wylie Walden, Amin Sabet and Jimmy Khoo.
When someone shows up, how can I see (know) I got the right person?

Back