Micro 4/3 Got an LX5, couldn't help myself.

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
Yeah yeah I know, I'm very late to the party :)
Been eyeing it for quite a while. I have a Canon S95, but I'm not happy with the lack of creative control (missing hot shoe, slow AF, slow lens on the long end, not wide enough etc etc).
I've had an Olympus XZ-1, but it didn't really do it for me. Got an unexpected tax return this spring, so I figured why not try the LX5.

So far I'm quite pleased, the controls are good, the aspect mode selector is awesome. The camera even came with firmware 2.0 installed from the get go.
Here's a quick shot of an orchid, I used my Metz 36 C-2 flash on a Nikon cord (doesn't matter as the flash only uses the centre pin).

View attachment 51975
P1020012_LR by ChristianHass, on Flickr

A funny thing I noticed, is that the S95 on it's widest setting (4:3 of course) and the 24mm 16:9 setting on the LX5 gives about the same "height angle", the LX5 is just much wider of course.

Here's the S95
View attachment 51976
Birds_S95sm by ChristianHass, on Flickr

and here the LX5
View attachment 51977
Birds_LX5sm by ChristianHass, on Flickr

Yeah yeah I know, I'm very late to the party :)
Been eyeing it for quite a while. I have a Canon S95, but I'm not happy with the lack of creative control (missing hot shoe, slow AF, slow lens on the long end, not wide enough etc etc).
I've had an Olympus XZ-1, but it didn't really do it for me. Got an unexpected tax return this spring, so I figured why not try the LX5.

So far I'm quite pleased, the controls are good, the aspect mode selector is awesome. The camera even came with firmware 2.0 installed from the get go.
Here's a quick shot of an orchid, I used my Metz 36 C-2 flash on a Nikon cord (doesn't matter as the flash only uses the centre pin).

View attachment 51981
P1020012_LR by ChristianHass, on Flickr

love this shot!!!!

Great little camera. Very versatile and easy to work with. I made the mistake of selling mine a while back and then, after trying a few other compacts, bought another for about $230 or something. I didn't feel bad because I bought it back for less than I sold it for, but definitely a camera worth having even when you have a few others...

Enjoy,

-Ray

Back