Fuji Got my TCL-X100 today!

Ramirez

Regular
I had to sell my X-E1 and XF18-55 & XF35 lenses as video has become more important to me lately (I just bought the Panasonic Lumix G X 12-35 f2.8 for my GH3).
The loss of the XF35 hurt me most. So I ordered the TCL-X100 for my X100s instead. The TCL-X100 did the move more easy.

I haven't used the TCL-X100 much but I've tried it a little bit today.

My first impressions are:

- It is slow in macro mode (but for me it doesn't matter much as macro pictures doesn't require speed).
- In "normal" mode it does seem as fast at the X100s is in it's normal "35"mm mode.

I'm really looking forward in using this converter as I really love the 50mm (in 35mm language) much!

I'm going to "report" my findings in using the TCL-X100 :)

Took my TCL-X100 out for a spin today!

Today I was out in the nature and tested the TCL-X100. I also went to a fishing event and took some photos of people and fishes :)

I must say that I am very satisfied with the AF speed, I haven't noticed any difference between using the X100s with or without a Fuji Conversion Lens (WCL & TCL - I have both).
The only time I notice slow AF with the TCL is in macro mode, but when you're shooting flowers and stuff you don't need fast AF so it is not so important to me.

I believe that the TCL will stay mounted on my X100s most of the time, I really enjoy the 50mm (35 eq.) view... The X100s is even better with the TCL!

I think that I probably use the TCL 50% of the time, non CL 35% and the WCL 15%. But now the first period, probably 100% TCL :)

I took some more photos today with the TCL-X100 mounted. I've got some work to do that takes time but I'll try to share the photos as soon as possible :)

A couple quick questions: does it make the camera much heavier? Approximately how far does the lens stick out with it attached? Finally, can you use the same standard lens hood / filter ring? Thanks a lot, looking forward to seeing some shots!

Edit: Whoa! Looking on Amazon there's no way the same lens hood would fit. :) I didn't realise the lens flared out at the end, I thought it was the same build as the Wide angle.

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot

A few of my first test photos with the TLC-X100

Finally, here they are a few test photos with the TCL-X100 mounted on X100s.
All SOOC, no editing what so ever.

To me the TCL on X100s is plenty sharp and beautiful bokeh too :)

Attachments

• X1005350.jpg
    X1005350.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 449
  • X1005354.jpg
    X1005354.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 395
  • X1005355.jpg
    X1005355.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 384
  • X1005356.jpg
    X1005356.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 395
  • X1005362.jpg
    X1005362.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 376
  • X1005457.jpg
    X1005457.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 384
A couple quick questions: does it make the camera much heavier? Approximately how far does the lens stick out with it attached? Finally, can you use the same standard lens hood / filter ring? Thanks a lot, looking forward to seeing some shots!

Edit: Whoa! Looking on Amazon there's no way the same lens hood would fit. :) I didn't realise the lens flared out at the end, I thought it was the same build as the Wide angle.

No the camera seems quite light in weight still :)
It sticks out a bit. One good point is that the glass element in front seems huge (like a Canon L glass element or something) - it looks quite serious!
People seems to notice the camera more with the TCL than without, that can be a plus point sometimes if you want people to look at you as a serious photographer! And when you want to be more invisible, stick with the normal X100s lens.

You cannot use the standard lens hood as you noticed.

I got mine a few days ago. Good impression so far, the images get slightly cropped, they loose a bit of contrast, but over all I am very happy with it. Like people already have pointed out, you loose stealth with it, people notice you much more.

Here are some frames from the past few days, I cannot wait to try the leaf shutter, high speed sync abilities, out on some portraits!

2014.06.00.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2014.06.01.JPG

2014.06.02.JPG

2014.06.03.JPG

I got mine a few days ago. Good impression so far, the images get slightly cropped, they loose a bit of contrast, but over all I am very happy with it. Like people already have pointed out, you loose stealth with it, people notice you much more.

Here are some frames from the past few days, I cannot wait to try the leaf shutter, high speed sync abilities, out on some portraits!

2014.06.00.JPG

2014.06.01.JPG

Is that a Holdfast Ruck strap? If so, how do you like it?

Is that a Holdfast Ruck strap? If so, how do you like it?

Sorry about the lost images, was updating my webpage, it appears I was in to much of a hurry :)

Yes, thats the strap, I like it. I use the pockets for a extra battery, headphones and a MTR card. It is made from good materials, but the craftsmanship should be allot better for this price. If I need another one down the line, I would explore other options...

Sorry about the lost images, was updating my webpage, it appears I was in to much of a hurry :)

Yes, thats the strap, I like it. I use the pockets for a extra battery, headphones and a MTR card. It is made from good materials, but the craftsmanship should be allot better for this price. If I need another one down the line, I would explore other options...

Thanks. Yes, I agree that the pricing does seem a bit much for what the strap appears to be.

Thanks for posting Ramirez and Egill. From the shot of the Tabasco the bokeh highlights seem much bigger. Is that because it's on macro?

Would be great to see a portrait with some lights blurred out in the background.

Here are some more samples, also a portrait, with some highlights in the background. My friend took the portrait of me and my girlfriend, little shaky :) Should have cranked up the ISO before I gave him the camera.

2014.06.04.jpg

2014.06.05.jpg

2014.06.06.jpg

2014.06.07.jpg

2014.06.08.jpg

Back