Fuji Got the X-E1

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
Nice work. Despite the improvements the X-E2 brought, the X-E1 is still a capable and enjoyable camera. Just make sure it has the latest firmware. I have the 18mm and 27mm lenses myself - and that may be all I'll need for some time.

Nice work. Despite the improvements the X-E2 brought, the X-E1 is still a capable and enjoyable camera. Just make sure it has the latest firmware. I have the 18mm and 27mm lenses myself - and that may be all I'll need for some time.
Yes, I got the new firmware installed as my first task after opening the box. The switch from P to A mode with the command dial works very well.

Very nicely done! I'm loving my XE1 too. Right now in the US the kit is only $5 more than the lens by itself. $5 for the body is a steal!

Sent from my iPad using SeriousCompacts

I bought Luke's XE1. It's a fun camera, and by far the easiest, most intuitive camera to make adjustments on! I just wish it help focus between shots. That is, I could half-press to focus, take a shot, and keep the half-press to keep the focus lock, and take another. This would help in lower light shooting.

That is the only way to do it! I had trouble with FA at a distance in relatively low light, but that would work.

i know i can lock focus-only on my xe2 while in af-s, but they separated af-lock and ae-lock functions into two buttons. those were shared under one button on the xe1. i just don't remember if the xe1 allowed you to select only af-L for that button within the settings.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

That first floral image is just beautiful. The more I use the little 27mm f/2.8 on my X-E1, the more I love it. It's just tack sharp for me wide open. More so than my Fuji X100's lens at f/2.8. At f/4 they are about even. It's slowing becoming my "daily lens" where the X100 was my previous go to camera. I do miss the OVF/EVF combo on the X-E1 and I'm looking to an X-Pro1 for that (possibly). Thanks for sharing the images!

Back