Fuji Got to handle a Fuji GFX 50R yesterday...

gryphon1911

Hall of Famer
Name
Andrew
...and I just wanted to share some of my initial thoughts.
  1. it was a lot lighter than I thought it would be.
  2. the AF was better than I thought, but it was also a lot slower than I would like in a camera for say shooting street. However, in a studio or landscape setting, I can see it being just fine.
  3. I used it with the Fuji 120mm GFX lens. The OIS in it was very effective. I was able to hand hold the whole thing and get sharp shots at 1/17th of a second shutter speed.
  4. I was very surprised at the "high ISO" capability of the camera. i was shooting inside the camera store at ISO 800 and 1600 and the noise was certainly acceptable.
  5. As you'd expect, the shot to shot time is sluggish when compared to a DLSR or modern mirrorless FX/DX type camera.
  6. The level of detail in the files was awesome.
  7. The colors from the Fuji are - well, if you like the Fuji color signature, you'll like these files.
  8. The menu is classic Fuji. If you like the Fuji setup, you'll be right at home here.
  9. The EVF was adequate. I didn't think it was earth shattering, when compared to what is out there right now like in the Nikon Z6. It didn't get in my way at all.
  10. I like that the rear LCD articulated.
I'd love to be able to justify getting one, and the local store gets them in used from time to time...but I really need to have a specific project that requires that kind of sensor/mp count.
I think Fuji has gone in a great direction with this camera.

Back