Stroll Gothenburg Model and Hobby Fair 2023 at Aeroseum

Taneli

Veteran
Name
Daniel
A while ago I was at this model and hobby fair for the first time. It is held in an Aero museum which is located in old military bunkers used for aeroplanes before. Have heard of it but have never been there before, so this year it was time.

It was awesome, they had radio-controlled models of all sorts, driven, flying, floating. Model builds. Various contests. Some simulators including a zeppelin-simulator :) and besides that. The usual museum things such as military aerocraft of all sorts with its own exhibitions, it was a fantastic day if you like any of this. And I like most of this so it was almost paradise :)

Have some various photos here.

52870106538_3c671da94a_b.jpg

Primus boat by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
This is a camping gas-driven boat, beautifully crafted.

These R/C-lowriders was amazing, they had hijackers and everything also :)

52869093297_6b8b188f46_b.jpg

Lowriders by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

52869666086_46b1a3fe04_b.jpg

Lowrider front by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

52869093302_6ce912001d_b.jpg

Lowrider side by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

I try posting more in next post, reached some limit

A while ago I was at this model and hobby fair for the first time. It is held in an Aero museum which is located in old military bunkers used for aeroplanes before. Have heard of it but have never been there before, so this year it was time.

It was awesome, they had radio-controlled models of all sorts, driven, flying, floating. Model builds. Various contests. Some simulators including a zeppelin-simulator :) and besides that. The usual museum things such as military aerocraft of all sorts with its own exhibitions, it was a fantastic day if you like any of this. And I like most of this so it was almost paradise :)

Have some various photos here.

View attachment 385462
Primus boat by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
This is a camping gas-driven boat, beautifully crafted.

These R/C-lowriders was amazing, they had hijackers and everything also :)

View attachment 385463
Lowriders by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

View attachment 385464
Lowrider front by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

View attachment 385465
Lowrider side by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

I try posting more in next post, reached some limit
I love this sort of thing Daniel. Thanks for posting.

And from the Aeroseum exhibition. The Saab fighters was the coolest I think:

52869666176_bd4947bbf2_b.jpg

Saab 32 Lansen by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

52869093387_71c0fb456b_b.jpg

Saab 32 Lansen pilot by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

52869834389_9893ca446b_b.jpg

Saab 37 Viggen and Saab 900 car by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

52869666096_c553855cb4_b.jpg

Saab 37 Viggen and Saab 900 car by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

52870106528_9c1631923a_b.jpg

Saab JAS 39 Gripen by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

52870106503_2918a06666_b.jpg

Helicopter 6 simulator (Bell Jet Ranger, Bell 206) by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
But this was perhaps the greatest experience. They have real-cockpit-simulators with Airbus, fighters and helicopter. As a formerly R/C helicopter enthusiast I was imidiately in line for the Bell Jet Ranger simulator. It was great fun. Really difficult at first, much slower than R/C helicopter (of course, much more mass), but same control (at least cyclic lever). So it took like 10 minutes before I could fly around freely. Must go there a second time soon!

Trying some regular attachments...

_DSC7436.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This guy had designed and 3D printed this band wagon. Well, the aluminium parts are machined of course. But it was amazing how much you can do by yourself quite easy these days if you just have a 3D printer.

_DSC7475.jpg

Here is a running one...

_DSC7433.jpg

This is not my thing, many guys sitting and building scale models with great attention to details.

Ok... here are the last, found some more I just have to share :)

52870502656_6094e13620_h.jpg

Ingång by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
The entrance was really something also!

52870937958_1a578817b3_h.jpg

Viggen motorbehållare by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
This is a "motor container" for the SAAB 37 Viggen motor, it is massive! (it has 72 kN of pull)

52870937963_4606c2d382_h.jpg

Driftingbilar by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
These R/C drifting cars looked really fun. Here they are driving in pair. The follower must replicate the leader exactly. They were really skilled and it looked addictive.

52870502616_adb1cbaf2a_h.jpg

Utställning Inomhus by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
Museum exhibition indoors

52869927142_ca04eb822d_h.jpg

Utställning på kullen by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
...and outdoors

52870502626_fc1062a7a8_h.jpg

Motortorpedbåt by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
Radio-controlled motor torpedo boat. It runs on standard gasoline. Very powerful boat with great sound. He actually had a speaker also :) look at the persons on deck. Same guy! :) he was also driving this thing in real life!

52870937913_24c4450e56_h.jpg

Radiostyrd Ubåt by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
R/C Submarine, really cool!

Count me in for next year as well! :)
(here is a link to previous one, in english)

You weren't kidding, it's a literal bunker! 😲 I don't have the patience for modeling but I find the results really neat. The image of the lowrider doing a 3 wheel stance is making me think I should check out the local hobby shops. :D

Thanks for sharing these!
I could get into R/C cars, but my photography hobby sucks up all my disposable savings as it is right now.
Maybe I should sell a camera or two...

Thanks for sharing these!
I could get into R/C cars, but my photography hobby sucks up all my disposable savings as it is right now.
Maybe I should sell a camera or two...
Thanks!
Yes, and also it takes some time, at least if you are going to get good at it, which is most fun. Then it takes some effort of your precious time. It was actually the reason why I quit R/C, just couldn't justify the time it took. Too much with regular life, house and things. Will do a return to the hobby when I get retired I think :)

Back