Ricoh GR III rumor

@drd1135 , I feel much the same way you do. And I've bought a GR twice...because I like the output....and I like the ethos...and I like how it's really MADE for a photographerly mind....But I just can't seem to live with this single focal length....despite the fact that my phone is similar.

I think when I'm using a "camera" instead of a "telephone", I have different expectations....and I have preconceived notions of how I will "see" the world through each imaging device. Maybe that's not the right way to explain it. But I have NEVER looked at a cel phone photo and wished I had a different focal length.....but nearly half the time I look at any of the photos I take with a GR, I wish I were closer to the subject.

Maybe I need to find a psychiatrist phootgrapher to explain my issues to me.

I also NEED a viewfinder when shooting with a camera....but don't seem to miss one when I'm making photographs with my portable telephones.

Waiting quite impatiently for image samples, I want to see just how this new sensor and lens perform. We've gotten vague promises of a very high ISO threshold and great DR, but what does that really mean? I am pretty sure I will upgrade, but will the lens still produce the pleasing bite of the GR/GRII?

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we went through March with still no announcement. Has this announce 6 - 9 months before release really been that effective? It will still probably be only bought by those of us that love the camera which was always going to be the case anyway. Announcing it a week before release may well have been more effective. It's as if Pentax just wanted to stymie XF10 sales.

End of February is scheduled as the "touch and try" so at least we will get better impressions then. It has been pretty slim pickings up to this point. I think they just knew they needed to get the word out. My guess is every year since Ricoh met and then missed their normal upgrade window they have thought about announcing and finally decided they were close enough that they'd better do so. Sounds to me like ISO fine-tuning and battery figures are two of the last things being polished up at this point.

Back