Ricoh GRD 3 broken buttons

Booka

Regular
After a hectic New Years my treasured GRD as developed a slight problem.

The four directional buttons and the menu/ok button have become misalligned or sticky, forcing me to push them a little extra hard to get them to function(similar to cracking your knuckles..)

Has any had this problem aswell, is this something that will work itself out or would unscrewing the casing be a bad idea to see what is going on. There seems to be an outward buldge by the left button/screen edge but it seems to be part of the design. It hasn't been near any sand/grit etc. It's probably from crushing and stuffing into a bag or my pocket.

Any ideas about what i can do to fix the problem, everything is working fine otherwise.

thanks for any tips.

Thanks a lot for the pictures, I'll have to stare at them for a few hours and think of a few plans of attack. I just came back from the camera store and he guessed that it was a sugary liquid that has spilled on the camera... I don't really remember that ever happening, but who knows it was NewYears and the camera was being passed around all over the place. Hopefully the buttons will work themselves out, but it doesn't seems to be only sticky they get stuck rather firmly???
The worst part was they had a Ricoh GXR with the 50mm module 50% off, if it was the 28 I would have bought it then and there and tried selling my now wonky GRD.

Back