Great Western Sprint

Iansky

All-Pro
I was at Castle Combe circuit in Wiltshire yesterday for the speed qualification day, drivers do a lap and a half timed run to achieve their standing for future events, it does mean that they push their cars to the limit and in some cases to the point where fires occur.

It was a good day apart from dropping my XT2 (hit the grass and rolled down a bank, I jumped the fence to retrieve it and was lucky to see "no visible damage" and all works perfectly - well done Fuji).

These are some of the images and the full set can be seen on my blog - 571 Photography: Great Western Sprint

DSCF2556-FrameShop.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF2570-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2681-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2856-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2860-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2868-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2927-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2883-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2842-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF2845-FrameShop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike, just about - I have thoroughly checked out the camera and no evidence of any damage just one little scuff mark on the bottom corner of the battery grip.................absolute horror to see the camera body (with 1.4 convertor fitted) slip from hand, hit grass other side of fence and roll end over end down the bank - leapt over fence and down bank to retrieve it thinking it was the end only to find no damage to camera or convertor so very large sigh of relief and it carried on delivering the goods!

If I dropped my camera I probably would have cried! lol These are very good shots.
I have to get better at taking fast moving objects shots, the ones with the moving cars came out perfect!

Thanks Britanica, apart from the scare it was a perfect day with lovely weather and good subject matter, first event of the season for me but certainly not the last as it is fairly close to where I live and hosts some good events.

Back