Fuji Greeting From Worcester, U.K.

JuSlaughter

Regular
Name
Julian Slaughter
Evening all

Hello and I hope everyone is ok.

I'm just a little excited tonight. I am picking up my new XT1 and 18-55mm tomorrow. I made a big decision this week, to let go of my Canon 5D Mark 3 and jump into the Fuji mirrorless arena.

I realised that I don't need a big heavy setup anymore and as I mainly do landscapes and travel, why should I break my back carrying that big lump and heavy lenses when I could go lightweight with an XT1. So I am super excited to by a part of the Fuji community, where I hope I can learn from you guys as I did with the Canon forums.

One thing I may need help on is post processing as I u destined Fuji and Lightroom aren't bestest buddies. I have always shot in RAW so need some pointers on people's experiences with LR and Post processing techniques.

Cheers

Ju

Hi and welcome

There's heaps of folks here that will be able to help you with any queries with your Fuji gear, Rico and Bill are usually the 'go to' guys as they know Fuji cameras back to front inside out. Other members also provide a wealth of knowledge with their experience with their respective Fuji camera.

Welcome Julian.

I have access to my wife's X-T1 and 18-55mm and it is a fantastic set up. Like yourself, I gave up DSLR (in my case a Nikon D800 and 3 large, pro lenses) as I wasn't shooting wildlife anymore and, as I'm not a pro, it just seemed unnecessary to carry all of that gear for a 35mm image. Mind you, I remain a staunch supporter of film and I am happy to carry a Hasselblad + lenses or even my 5x4 + tripod.

Incidentally, I've seen various comments regarding issues when using Lightroom with Fuji files but, so far, I haven't encountered any problems with Lightroom CC myself or, if I have, I just haven't noticed them.

Afternoon all, thanks for the responses. Just come back from a walk around Worcester with the XT1 and I have to say, I am very impressed with it so far. There are a few things that I need to sort out setting wise, but on first glances in LR, and I shot JPEG, which is a first for me, the results, as many have said, are excellent. I will post some results, and a bit of a review, a little later in whichever area they are supposed to go in ;o)

I'm from Malaysia but I did my A Levels at King's School in Worcester, way way back in the late 80's. Haven't returned to the city, or to England for that matter, since I graduated from Uni. I missed the city.

Hi Julian and welcome,

I have been using my X-T10 shooting in raw for some time now and apart from having to upgrade from LR 5 I have not experienced any issues processing RAW files. I am mainly a B&W man, you can see some of my processed raw files @ shootblackandwhite [dot] com

Regards,

Keith

I'm from Malaysia but I did my A Levels at King's School in Worcester, way way back in the late 80's. Haven't returned to the city, or to England for that matter, since I graduated from Uni. I missed the city.

You should get back some time, its changed quite a bit since the 80s.

Hi Julian and welcome,

I have been using my X-T10 shooting in raw for some time now and apart from having to upgrade from LR 5 I have not experienced any issues processing RAW files. I am mainly a B&W man, you can see some of my processed raw files @ shootblackandwhite [dot] com

Regards,

Keith

Hi Keith, i'll take a look later. I've just come back from a day at Weston Super Mare, having a day shooting RAW so will see shortly whether there are any differences between Fuji and Canon workflows.

Back