Greetings and Salutations

@Barry All the best with your RV build, Barry.

Finish and use it before something else happens that prevents your use of it.

I spent years designing and building an any-track camper trailer that I could tow anywhere that my 2.5L Forester would go. Then my brother in law died, leaving his house and affairs in a dreadful mess. My wife was his Executrix ... I was her forensic accountant.

6+ years later, his affairs are nearly finalised and my lumbar spine is so damaged that I take painkillers and anti-spasmodics twice daily, along with all my other medications. I can no longer erect/pull down my on-trailer tent.

So, it's just waiting to be sold. I never got to use it. Not once.

Do not make the same mistake!

Hi, I've actually been here a few years but mostly been lurking. I had another username here (with only a few posts) but couldn't figure out how to change the name, so I created this new one about a year ago after Amin announced the sale and people started talking more about this forum.

Still had been lurking... I've taken extremely few photos since the pandemic started, for several reasons:
Not going out much due to pandemic.
Almost zero biz and personal travel.
Not going out much due to an elderly relative living with us who has Parkinson's. As his mobility has (rapidly) decreased, when we do go out, we tend to stay by the car. I stopped taking the camera.

So, the main driver for my coming back here was a selfish one; I'm trying to clean up the rest of my film camera lenses, and thought I'd post them here. I'm also giving away some things, if anyone is local to me (Pomona, CA area).

But the upside is I'm cleaning up for a good reason; I'm converting a van to an RV/CamperVan and need more free space to work.
And as it gets built out, I should be able to start traveling more.

It's great to see so many familiar 'faces' here! I will definitely be more active as I start taking more pictures.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Hey, Barry! Looks like I'm late to the welcome party (traveling ATM), but it's good to see you becoming more active here. Good luck on that project!

My old account is barry13.
It looks like I never posted with it, but merge if you want, at least I'll look older!
"There is no Barry13, there is only Barry!" 👻

200.gif

Hello everyone, I'm Iko, I'm from Israel, an amateur photographer for many years.
I don't have a great technical understanding of cameras or photography. Just taking pictures for fun.
Takes pictures with a Sigma and Sony RX1 camera
And Olympus analog.

Hello everyone, I'm Iko, I'm from Israel, an amateur photographer for many years.
I don't have a great technical understanding of cameras or photography. Just taking pictures for fun.
Takes pictures with a Sigma and Sony RX1 camera
And Olympus analog.
Hi there Iko! Welcome to the club!

Hi,
I've been on here quite awhile, but not been active.
I'm a moderator on the Mu-43 forums, so many of you may know me from there.

I shoot with my Oly E-M1, preferring street and travel photography, but dabble in other genres.
I use some adapted glass, mostly Minolta Rokkor and Pentax Auto 110.

I'm in southern California.

Barry
Welcome Barry. I recognise your Bart avatar from mu43, but I guess I must have been a good boy there since I don't think I ever got much of your moderator attention! I'm sure you'll like it here - but as you probably already know, it's way less gear-focused than mu43 (or indeed most other photo forums). But that's good - "my gear is best" slanging matches don't get much oxygen and as a bonus we get to share a lot of images.

Back