Greetings from Costa Rica

Country Parson

Top Veteran
Name
Dan
A couple of shots from first full day, a lazy Sunday afternoon in Atenas. Both taken with the X100 and me forgetting I had the ISO set high (1250, I think).

X0583r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

X0582r.jpg

I love those cows, and particularly that calf! They're sweet looking and they're lucky to have all those nice trees for shade which I bet they take advantage of as the day wears on.

Nice use of selective color in your second, Dan!

A couple more from May, 31

We are so busy that it is difficult to find time to prep photos for the internet, but here are a couple more.

X0811r.jpg

Catarata de los Angeles

X0778r.jpg

From the home where I am staying.

BBW: I plan to put up some photos that are not with the X100, so is there a better place to move this thread that could include GXR and NEX5?

Nice photos Dan. I don't think 1250 is even noticeable on the X100, let alone problematic. I look forward to seeing more once you've had time to sort through and do any additional processing. I've never been to Costa Rica but its definitely on my list of places to visit. Sounds (and looks) like a wonderful place.

-Ray

NEX5 with Fisheye

Since this thread is soon to be moved to a place not limited to the X100 here are a couple from the NEX5. Both were taken first thing this morning where I am staying. Both were taken with the Fisheye Converter on the 16mm.

NEX0661r.jpg

NEX0676r.jpg

Note the Mangos above. They are here in abundance right now.

Dan - wonderful!! I feel as though you were channeling Dali in your first, or perhaps Peter Max?:D Very, very cool with that background and the wonderful water droplets on that beautiful rose - but my heart belongs to the lovely pair in your second. Two great images, Dan.

I'll move the thread now. I just wanted to be sure you wanted me to do it.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I will put up more as I can. We are leaving tomorrow for Monteverde and the famous "cloud forest." That should bring some good opportunities for outdoor nature photography. I'll be looking for street photos tomorrow morning at a local farmer's market that is set up in the city every Friday. This is fun, though the required Spanish lessons every day are taxing on this old brain. :dance2:

I'll add one shot that presented itself suddenly and then was gone. It is the only time we have seen someone riding a horse in Atenas, so far. I'll have to put it in the next entry since I cannot do so in this edit I guess.

I forget what that training is called...dressage, maybe...as in the style of the Lipizzans? Maybe it's really called the Spanish classical style? I'm very surprised you've only seen one person riding there, though perhaps it is too cost prohibitive for many?

Back