Greetings from Costa Rica

A Day in San Jose, Costa Rica, with the X100

Now that I am past halfway through this trip, I would say I could do 90% of the photography with the X100. Perhaps I can find out how to upload some X100 video. I have tried both the X and the NEX for video and the former is superior.

X1186BWr.jpg

Fun with Pigeons in the plaza near the National Theater

X1239r.jpg

Display of a large stone ball made in this region in pre-Columbian times. Its purpose is still a matter of debate.

X1212r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A sleepy salesman at the International Arts and Crafts Market.

X1161r.jpg

This man stopped right next to me staring at the camera so I released the silent shutter. I was not looking through the viewfinder or at the back. What fun!

Dan do you have two more weeks? Just seeing these photographs does give a great feel for your trip, but I know you'll have many more photographs to come. Love the one of the sleepy hammock salesman!:D

Do you find that you are using Auto ISO mostly or do you change your ISO yourself?

As for video, I think you'd have to host it on Vimeo or YouTube or some sort of site like that and then embed here. Please feel free to post in the Help and Feedback.

Poas Volcano National Park, Costa Rica

This volcano is one of the two largest active volcanoes in the world at this time. Sometimes visitors get to witness a small eruption, but we were not so lucky. These were all taken with the X100, which does a good job with pans as you can see.

X1328Pr.jpg

X1347r.jpg

X1384r.jpg

BB, we will be here about four more days. It is going fast and the pace is exhausting. As for ISO I set it myself using the fn button. If the new firmware puts Auto ISO where it belongs with the rest of the ISO settings I could see changing that.

X100 for action

The shutter on the X100 is fast enough for action if you pre-focus, as shown here in some foosball action in Costa Rica among our students.

X1259r1.jpg

In front of the National Museum in San Jose, Costa Rica

X1416r.jpg

At a private recreational center in the countryside of Costa Rica. The wire you see above them is a zip line.

Freshwater crocodiles, Costa Rica

They say these are not as aggressive as their saltwater cousins, but I did not get close enough to test the theory. :eek:

X1576r.jpg

X100 from a bridge over the river.

Gee, I don't know how I missed your last few updates, Dan - but I sure did!

That volcano is beautiful. A small eruption would have been cool, but anything larger and shades of Pompeii would be etched into my mind's eye!

Clearly everyone is having a great time, Dan - and these pictures are all great to have. I'm with you on not testing out those crocs!:eek:

This site flows like a river. If we turn away even briefly a lot goes by and then ceases to be highlighted. The fleeting quality of the Net. As Heraclitus said: "You cannot step in the same river twice."

Back