Greetings from Ridgefield, CT

thearne3

Regular
Hello all!

I have been perusing this site for some time. A lot of friends here whose camera journeys have led from m43 to 'serious compacts' of many stripes. It's a very exciting time to be into photography - and a 'gearhead'. :rolleyes:

I am more of a regular at Micro Four Thirds User Forum. I started with an E-P1 when it came out, got a second hand E-P2 and VF-2, and now have jumped in again with the E-P3. Each change was a radical transformation of the picture taking experience for me. The VF-2 made all my legacy lenses a true joy to use. The E-P3 has given me a choice: with EVF or without. Without the EVF, the touch screen changes the game: It's fast and fun for candids and street.

Before m43, my first digital cams were the Canon G2 and G9, and before that 30 years with the OM system, though I now have more OM lenses than I ever had - go figure! :D Oh, and my SO has an XZ-1.

I love kayaking and cycling and hiking, folk music and singing with friends.

Glad to be here! Hope I can give as much as I have already gotten from you all!

welcome, tom! small world- i am from fairfield county originally- lived in Ridgefield for a year or so. beautiful town! i just bought an XZ-1 as well, how does your SO like it so far?

Hi Tom

Good to see you on the Forum - lots of yours friends on here

Watch out for the "mods" - the usual lot keeping an eye on "us"

Very much! She has her eye on the Freniac grip to increase comfort in hand. It's a big step up for her, but a great cam to learn on.

believe it or not, i JUST got my Franiec grip in the mail today- havent had a chance to put it on yet, but i'll let you know what i think!

i was using an EPL1 for a few months, and i have decided to hang on to it, at least for now-- but it was just too big for everyday use. wanted something a little less cumbersome without needing to change lenses - so far, the XZ-1 is great! it's really fantastic to have manual control on a compact camera :)

Tom, thanks so much for stopping in for the official hello.;) I was up in your town not too long ago and I am pretty sure I drove by one of your photo shoot haunts - there was a hanging fish sign...on route 35...unless I'm having some sort of recovered memory.:D Ridgefield is beautiful!

Back