Fuji Greetings from San Francisco!

sge998

Rookie
Hi everyone! I just purchased a X-E1 with 18-55mm & 35mm lenses. I am hoping to have this setup to replace my Micro 4/3 gears if the camera is to my liking. I am mainly focused on photos (and a little nit of video) and really like the simplicity of Fuji's X cameras. The auto-focus speed might not be up to par with my E-M5, but that camera isn't without problems either. Hopefully Fujifilm will come out with new lenses sooner!

Hi and welcome!

Don't sell off the m43 gear just yet. :) I have the X-E1 with 18-55 which I love to shoot. An m43 with a few primes is a great complement to it while shooting.

San Francisco is one of my favourite places, and it's a city full of photographic possibilities. I really enjoyed my brief visit a few years ago - the clear sky made for some great holiday snaps, but unfortunately the combination of bright sunlight and cool sea breezes resulted in me getting comprehensively sunburnt while enjoying the sights, and I didn't realise until it was too late (yes, I was the Burnt Man of Alcatraz).

Welcome to the site anyway.

-R

Welcome to the fuji X forum. I am looking forward to seeing your SF shots! It is one of my favorite cities (ok, not in the chilly summer period ;-) ).
Peter

Howdy, sge, and hope you enjoy your XE, and what color did you purchase? When it arrives please post some of your first photos.
Have fun with the XE.
Dennis.

Welcome aboard. I'm curious as to what you find fault with in the OMD. (of course no camera is perfect). At some point in the future I'll move up from the X10 to either the XE1 or OMD. Tough decision. I still lean toward the XE1.

Back