Fuji Greetings from Scotland

I am the first Scot?

Lurked around on various Forums but decided to post here.

Sold my Nikon gear and now dedicated a Fuji Man.
Dabbling in a little B &W film stuff but its all very new to me.

I am the first Scot?

Lurked around on various Forums but decided to post here.

Sold my Nikon gear and now dedicated a Fuji Man.
Dabbling in a little B &W film stuff but its all very new to me.

Welcome. I am a pretend Scot; my parents are Scots-Irish. My sister lives in Scotland, in some glenn thing near a sea of some sort.

Hi Steve

I've been dipping my toes into Fujixspot but as I'm not dedicated to Fuji I spend most of my time at Serious Compacts. You might be the first dedicated Fuji Scotsman though.

LOL, that describes most of Scotland.

I'm between Glen Isla and the North Sea if that makes things any clearer

She claims to be near something called Elrig (Dumfries and Galloway??). I'm not sure if she is serious. Sounds to me like either a moon near Pluto, or a newly discovered critter from Madagascar. I'm planning on visiting her, so I had better find out.

Welcome Jockuiele, and yes I have always wanted to visit your country sometime, in the mean time can we live vicariously thru some of your fav photos from same.What fuji did you get by the way?

Good to have you here!!

Dennis.

I actually have the X-Pro 1, X100 and an X10 which is being sent back to Fuji tomorrow to fix the cracked screen it arrived back with after I sent it back to have the jammed lens repaired which was a result of it being sent back to fix the misaligned OVF. That clear?

Anyways, apart from the X10 saga , I am very happy with the cameras

Cant promise any sweeping Scottish vistas as I font do much of them but I will try and post some pics later

I actually have the X-Pro 1, X100 and an X10 which is being sent back to Fuji tomorrow to fix the cracked screen it arrived back with after I sent it back to have the jammed lens repaired which was a result of it being sent back to fix the misaligned OVF. That clear?

Anyways, apart from the X10 saga , I am very happy with the cameras

Cant promise any sweeping Scottish vistas as I font do much of them but I will try and post some pics later

Wow, I hate that when that happens.!!! Trust that the 3rd doctor treatment will fix the patient.:eek:
Dennis.

I'm italian, I went to Edinburgh on february to see the 6 nations..awful match (for us) but beautiful country and people, and beautiful pictures with my X10:

8498061131_42ecd6703b_n.jpg

8498063227_9c05ce8361_n.jpg

8499162098_30667bd530_n.jpg

8499174286_dc0ba52cb3_n.jpg

p.s. - and excellent beer...

The wild countryside of the UK

Welcome Steve,

Not that it matters but I had a Scottish Father, Welsh Mother and born in Lancashire so a real mix (mongrel as my wife calls me). You live in a stunning part of the UK with beautiful scenery so I for one am waiting to see some of your shared images from that part of the UK.

You have found a great forum full of sharing people so we look forward to seeing you sharing your superb countryside with us all.

Some of the Lochs & Glens are stunning and from my limited time spent visiting my wife when she lived & worked in Edinburgh for a number of years, plus visits to Aberdeen, Glasgow and driving around the countryside makes you realise how lucky we are to have great landscapes.

I have used my X100 to capture some of the wild countryside that I love that is similar to that seen in Wales, Scotland and other areas in the UK.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Steve, I'll add my welcome and encourage you to share your photographs on the site. My father's family originally came from Scotland and eventually made their way over to the colonies here.:drinks:

Glad to have you aboard!

Hi Steve, welcome from another Scot. I've had an X100 since they came out here (I live in Germany; Dortmund to be precise . come on, Borussia!).

I have an OM-D as well, but I can't imagine parting with the X100. When the X-mount lens line-up fleshes out a little, as it looks to do by the end of the year, I may look at going with the X-E1.

Enjoy the forum, very friendly lot here :)

Jock, unlike some other forums, we're a civilized lot. We promise not to eat you alive, so go for it.

Which reminds me, I have a few photos on mu-43, but none on here yet *shame*

Back