Fuji Greetings from the Southeast!

markitos

Regular
Name
Mark
Hi! I haven't had much opportunity to browse the forum yet, but figured I should go ahead and say hello and see what I can dig up. I found this forum by way of BobbyT, who is also a newish member. We are both longtime members of photography-on-the.net and New School of Photography.

I have been shooting recreationally and semi-professionally since about 2006, which is when I really got serious with a Nikon D70. I then ventured over to Canon DSLRs, shooting mainly various flavors of 5D over the years and up until a few months ago. On the small camera front, I took a Panasonic GF1 with me to Spain in 2010, and then had a stint with an Olympus EM-5. Both cameras were great, but left me wanting in one way or another. In the meantime, Fuji announced the X-Pro 1, and then the X-E1, and then everything else. From what I heard and read, even though the IQ was great, the Fuji X-series wouldn't work for me for wedding and other event work.

Fast forward to late last year, and Fuji had upped their game with a slew of firmware updates, and the X-E2 promised to move things even further forward. I started with an X-E1 and the first three primes (18/35/60) and shot with it alongside my 5Ds II and III at a couple of weddings. The experience was enough to convince me that Fuji was the way forward for me, and the Great Canon Sell-Off commenced.

I still have a Canon 7D that I am trying to sell, but am wholly converted to Fuji for all intents and purposes.

Loving these cameras!

Mark - greetings from the northeast, of the USA.:biggrin_old: I spotted your beautiful fog photos and thought - he must live near me, because we've been fog bound quite a bit of late...but I'm up here in Connecticut.

Welcome to the xspot!

Welcome! I'd love to see some of your wedding work with the X-series cameras provided you're able to share it.

You'll have to stay tuned for more, as this will be the first year shooting weddings with the Fujis as my primary (only!) bodies. I did shoot one wedding with them, so I'll make a thread in the appropriate place and link to it here. :)

Back