Sony Greytown - A short movie made on the NEX-5 with various manual lenses

Hello and welcome to SC Izhar. Very nice work. I shot exactly two minutes of video on my NEX5 and that was only because I pressed the button by accident and didn't notice.

I would encourage you to introduce yourself over at our Welcomes and Introductions forum.

Very enjoyable. I've only been in Tel Aviv during the hot dry weather you talked about, so its interesting to see it looking like Seattle!

I haven't shot any video with my Nex yet. But it sort of constantly blows my mind that I have four cameras at the moment, and EVERY one of them (down to the LX-5) is capable of mind-bogglingly better video than the enormous video camera I used to shoot video of our daughters while they were growing up. They're in their early 20s now and in the late '80s and early '90s the quality of video had gotten pretty good, but digital, let alone HD were still just glimmers in some inventors' eyes. And now I could take better video with an iPhone. Amazing.

-Ray

Izh Ash, thank you so much for posting the link to your beautifully shot film here. I think your choice of music only added to the sober and subdued mood of this grey Tel Aviv. I'm taking the liberty of embedding the video here. For some reason the film didn't load well for me on Safari or Chrome but once I hit the embed tab it all showed up wonderfully.

<iframe src="Greytown from Izhar Ashdot on Vimeo" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p>Greytown from Izash on Vimeo.</p>

I hope you'll continue to be involved in the forums here and look forward to seeing more from you, Izh.

Wow, I've only just seen your comments, thank you guys so much!
I'll tell you a bit about myself at Welcomes and Introductions and will post more videos.
Looking forward to hanging out here.
Izhar Ashdot (my full name)

Back