Fuji Grip choices...

Karl

Regular
So I have the battery grip for my XT-1, and while it does have the feel of my old Nikon F100 with the motordrive.. I'm loosing a bit of my desire for the battery grip, primarily since you have to take it off to change the battery, and secondarily because while it gives some space for my pinky, it's not quite enough space and it winds up cramming my fingers together a bit.

So I'm looking at the other grip options, where I might only use the battery grip in wet conditions were I don't want to open the camera at all.

Now I see that there's a "big" grip. Has anyone tried this?

Amazon.com : Fujifilm X-T1- MHG-XT-L Large Metal Hand Grip (Black) : Camera & Photo

Looks pretty big, almost wonder if it would be too large. But the normal grip doesn't seem to add that much..

any advice here?

I have the Fuji vertical grip permanently attached to my X-T1 but I do understand the points you are making. My X-Pro1 wears an iShoot grip with the vertical plate removed, and that makes a huge difference in handling for me. With all my Fuji cameras I also have a Lensmate thumbgrip attached; why not also take a look at the one for the X-T1 which is excellent.

I have all 4 grips for the X-T1.

Personally, I like the BG on my own X-T1. It's great when I'm working with larger lenses, and with 2 batteries, the camera lasts all day long.

On my official workshop loaner camera (which is also my 2nd X-T1 when I'm not doing workshops), I'm using the medium size Arca Swiss grip. The XL is too large for my taste, and the tiny version is too small.

In my experience with several workshop delegates who tried the different grips last year, most of them also preferred the medium (standard) size grip.

Decided to try one of the BJs grips that I've seen on Amazon. Might wind up being too big, but we'll see how it goes.

Back