Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Add on half case

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

davidzvi

Hall of Famer
Name
David
Simple question. I'm looking at a half case for the X-E3 and debating between some of the cheaper PU cases and the Gariz leather. But I've also considered something like the Meike MK-XE3G grip.

So what do you use? Brand and link if you have them.

All my (3) cameras have extra grips - I like the L-plate QR style. Half cases offer minimal protection but do look good :D.

Vertical Hand Grip Quick Release Plate Bracket Holder for Fujifilm X-E3 XE3 X E3 | eBay
Minimal protection for the bottom and bottom edges from scratching is really all I'm looking for.
Grip. All of my cameras have one save the X100F which sits in a leather half case.

Don't do PU. It's plastic...
I have a Gariz leather case for my X70 and a MegaGear PU case for my GX85. Some of the faux leather ones aren't that bad, problem is the MegaGear case for the X-E3 is $26, the Gariz is $110.

Given your stated reasons, David, I'd go for the half case. I also have both Gariz and MegaGear cases for various cameras. It's really a subjective call. If you just want a utilitarian case that'll do the job, go with the MegaGear version. If you want to impress others, go with the Gariz, which in all fairness does look and smell better.

Guess I'm going to try the Meike. I posted this on FB as well and got rather surprising results.

30 replies, 20 said grip, 7 said neither, and only 3 said case.
I had a Gariz. Came with the X-E3 I bought. Nice aesthetic. Protection for the bottom. Matched my Domke/Fuji F-803.
View attachment 192095x-e3 18 by john matsu, on Flickr

Picked up the Meike. Arca plate on the bottom. I like the feel much better. The price is nice too.
View attachment 192096Eeeethreeee by john matsu, on Flickr
VERY helpful, the 18mm give me a lot of perspective on the grip.

Meike grip is here, pretty nice, adds plenty of grip. Feel nice and secure while holding the camera and bringing it up to my eye.

And I think I'm going to return it. Why? :hmmm:

Holding it with my wrist straight and EVF to my eye it's fine. But waist level and off angle stuff it puts my wrist at an uncomfortable angle. If I had or planned on getting longer lenses I might keep it for them.

Back