Gritty Ballet Photos

Yep - when you get your muscles tight, you feel kinda 'springy', as though you can run and jump like a deer.

I think maybe you have to appreciate the ballet in general to enjoy the pics. Most ballet photos depict the grace an beauty whereas this is the exact opposite, no frills look. I think they might have been better taken outside a studio myself but then I'm not the photographer :)

I really think you should warn us before luring us to the Daily Mail website. I shall have to wash my brain out with soap again now.

-R

Sorry...... have been warned before :p My father in law would be turning in his grave as he was a hot metal compositor on the mail for over 40 years. If it's any consolation, I don't buy it at least!!!:hide:

Well, I pretty much liked them. No frills, no nonsense, just basic portraits of participants in a really really physically difficult profession, some of whom show the difficulty in their faces. They work for me...

-Ray

I thought these were very good, and the photographer succeeded in conveying the physicality and effort that goes into the ballet. The gritty style works well in this case. If I had done these shots, I would be very proud to show them.

Thank you, Christina, for posting the link.

Cheers,

Antonio

Back