guns, spam & the Zombie Apocalypse (or Waiting For Godot, the unreleased gear)

Pfftt, what good is a handgun going to do you in the upcoming zombie apocalypse? I am thinking aluminum baseball bat, hazmat suit, and a stockpile of Spam.

On camera-related stuff, inspired by Amin, I am going to make a New Year's resolution of zero camera or lens purchases in 2013 (less time researching gear and more time learning photography). I do have a preorder in for the Sony E 35/1.8 and I am excited to have a good, stabilized prime for my NEX-7. The only potential threats to my 2013 resolution would be an Olympus E-P5 (same styling, new sensor) or possibly a Panasonic GX2 with new sensor and an electronic/silent shutter option like on the G5.

You mean you haven't got your new Deardorff on order, Kyle?

:D Obviously, any LF film cameras would be excluded from my resolution. Also, camera body upgrades, like my planned NEX-7 conversion to fully-blinged Hasselblad Lunar would be allowed.

Fried Spam... mmmmmmmmmmmm

Aluminum bat? I'd much prefer wood. The "ping" of the aluminum is not a satisfying sound at all.

Good point on the aluminum bat. You have less of that weird vibration up through your arms with an aluminum bast also. I guess a quiver of wood bats would be the right way to go (assume sporting good stores could also be looted for replacements).

Agreed... but I'd add a 10-pound axe and a bottle of Irish whiskey to my zombie-killing kit.

I'd probably add the following to to my apocalypse / zombie kit, while keeping it as small and as compact as possible I'd add:
- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

"Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

:laugh1:

What's the deal with the Russians? Will they be taking over the world subsequent to the apocalypse?

I'd probably add the following to to my apocalypse / zombie kit, while keeping it as small and as compact as possible I'd add:

- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles

Back