Micro 4/3 GX1 in India

Iansky

All-Pro
I have just returned from a trip of a lifetime to visit friends in India (Hyderabad) before they return to the USA, I took both X100 & GX1 but shot more with GX1 & 45-175.

I still have 400 images to process & edit down but thought I would post a few from the city we stayed in to give a flavour, will post some of Taj Mahal and Delhi once edited.

I have to say that the Indian people must rate as some of the least aggresive and friendliest I have ever had the honour of meeting; I tried wherever possible to get into the real India rather than tourist areas and had some great fun and chats with locals who were happy to pose and see the photo afterwards.

A real photographers dream.

Here are 6 tasters:

Bottle_collector.jpg

China.jpg

Family_drive.jpg

Ladies.jpg

Locker_man.jpg

The_Eyes_have_it1.jpg

Ian
What a pleasure to look through the photographs. You have a great eye for the moments that capture the flavour and feel of a place, and it's culture.

The GX1 seems to be a good match for your way of shooting. Did you use the VF very much?

Glad you had a good trip.

Ian
What a pleasure to look through the photographs. You have a great eye for the moments that capture the flavour and feel of a place, and it's culture.

The GX1 seems to be a good match for your way of shooting. Did you use the VF very much?

Glad you had a good trip.

Hi Pelao,

The light was very bright so I did use the LVF2 for all the images, I also prefer to use that than the LCD as it allows me to get right into the scene and "feel" as well as see the result.

The GX1 is proving itself to be a superb camera and I have no regrets having replaced my trusty GF1 with it.

I love your shots! Must have been a great trip for photography!

How did you like shooting the X100 next to the GX1?

I love your shots! Must have been a great trip for photography!

How did you like shooting the X100 next to the GX1?

Hi iau,

I love the X100 for it's silent, wide angle view and it is great for general street work and capturing day to day life, to compliment the X100, the GX1 with the 45-175 was great as it also allowed me to get good head shots without distracting backgrounds.

When we went to Delhi / Agra, I chose to just take the GX1 + 14-45 & 45-175 as it was an easy 1 camera option covering the prime focal lengths I needed without substituting too much in the way of IQ.

The X100 does produce higher IQ but is limiting due to fixed focal length.

Both work well in tandem but the GX1 kit did offer more versatility albeit with a loss of quality.

Great shots as alway Ian. The shot of the three young women on the stairs is just absolutely gorgeous and, of course, the head shot of the woman with the intense eyes is really something as well. Interesting that you're using a long lens. I find in my local habitate I almost always tend to take a prime or two, but when travelling, I'm often either using a zoom or wishing I was. Usually less for people than for other types of shooting, but you're certainly showing how effective it can be for people.

-Ray

Thanks all for the feedback.

I am working on the X100 images (only about 60 of these), then have the remainder of the GX1 shots from the Red Fort & Taj Mahal as well as street shots taken in the notorious Chandni Chowk in New Delhi.

Will post these on my blog with a link as soon as edited.

Back