Happy New Year, seriouscompacts!

Its just gone 2014 here in Newcastle, Australia. I was going to get an early night until I remembered the local louts like to get insanely drunk and set off tons of expensive fireworks. Theres a law here that says don't, but every year they do, and this year they out-bolded themselves. It was all very pretty, and all very dangerous at a time of high fire danger. Its a shame that I still havent managed to take any photographs, I was too busy trying to calm Tom who was really freaked out. I think next year we will go bush.

Its all settled down now, so I can go to bed but not before wishing everyone a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2014

Good night!

Happy New Year to you too, Sue. It really is a shame with the pyrotechnics and our pets. Our beagle goes absolutely crazy when the explosions start and it's really sad to watch. This year we decided to stay at home for New Year's just because there is no way he can be alone when the explosions start. Last year he stayed at the vet's, but we did not reserve on time.

Happy New Year to everybody at Serious Compacts! Let's make 2014 a banner photographic year!

Cheers,

Antonio

Happy new year to everyone and especially to you and your families. May many blessings of love, peace and joy be showered upon you in 2014 and all the years to come.

And may we finally see a full frame 24 mp Fuji X with the hybrid VF, hybrid AF with CAF as good as the Canon 7D, weatherproof, touch and swivel screen, wifi remote, in a serious compact size not larger than the XE series, and priced under $1000 (paired with a pancake 35/2).

Boy, Armando - you're "may we finally see" sound a bit like a Christmas wish list.:D

Sue, thanks for starting us off! I'd been wondering who from Australia would carry the 2014 torch.

Although I'm not quite ready to feel as though it's new years yet... I had better say it now to be on the safe side. All the best to my friends here on SC in this new year of 2014 and may 2014 bring peace and good health to you and yours! (And that camera Armando has described!):grouphug::drinks::th_salute:

Happy new year to everyone and especially to you and your families. May many blessings of love, peace and joy be showered upon you in 2014 and all the years to come.

And may we finally see a full frame 24 mp Fuji X with the hybrid VF, hybrid AF with CAF as good as the Canon 7D, weatherproof, touch and swivel screen, wifi remote, in a serious compact size not larger than the XE series, and priced under $1000 (paired with a pancake 35/2).
What can I add to that? Only a holiday card!
Happy New Year, everyone!

11673012624_0664f89f1a_b.jpg

Happy New Year! by rubyj29, on Flickr

Happy New Year all. I've had no real love for the last year so here is to a better next year, 2014-- for us all! Be happy, be prosperous, be healthy, all the good things already said and..

don't sweat the little things, get out and shoot more and make the new year stand out-- all my best!

Kristen

Happy new year everyone! Here's a picture from new years on the beach last year. This year was a quiet evening with friends.

Wishing everyone lots of good cheer and health, and enough wealth to not let gas be anything more than a minor inconvenience!

TmL8zFz.jpg

Happy New Year to All. Be safe!

People here sometimes shoot guns into the air on New Year's eve, although it seems less prevalent after casualties a few years back. I had a bullet come through my roof a few years ago. I heard the whack on the roof, but didn't realize it had made it through until some time later, when we found it in one of the bedrooms -- and when the roof began to leak. Sometimes the wild west gets a little too wild.

And may 2014 bring us a digital Bessa. Cause I can't afford a damned Leica M9.

Back