Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Mikey

Veteran
In spite working 14 hour nights for the past week, I still went out of my way to attend the local St. Patrick's Day parade here in Cincy this Saturday. Though it meant I only slept for 2 hours that day, I thought it was well worth it.

The crowds here were nowhere near the mass of people that flock the streets in NYC on St. Patrick's Day every year. The parade was at 12 noon and though I got there only 10mins before the parade started, I still managed to get an unobstructed view of the parade.

Though I like (looking at) street photography, I could never amass the needed courage to walk up to strangers and photograph them. I always choose the 55-200 as my weapon of choice and even them, I'm quite apprehensive about pointing the lens at someone for fear they might take notice. So for me, parades and public plazas are the perfect place to shoot people candidly.

As a side note, I tried out the high performance mode + C-AF on my X-E2 and managed to nail most (probably 60-75%) of my shots at 3fps, even if the subject was headed towards me. Now, I'm stoked to see how the predictive AF on the X-T1 performs.

DSCF5660-L.jpg

DSCF5667-L.jpg

DSCF5684-L.jpg

DSCF5696-L.jpg

DSCF5681-L.jpg

DSCF5693-L.jpg

DSCF5680-L.jpg

DSCF5697-L.jpg

DSCF5668-L.jpg

DSCF5690-L.jpg

Top o' the mornin' to ya, Mikey - looking' good in the green there!:biggrin_old:

You did very well with and I can't get over how warm it looks out there!

Thanks, BB! It was higher 50s this last Saturday and the sun was quite bright at noon. It's cold again today in the 30s even though it's supposed to be spring already.

Back