Leica Happy Thanksgiving To All

With the recent tragedy in France it can be hard to focus on other things of importance. A day like today tends to help me retreat into myself to take stock of my daily blessings. I sometimes tend to go on "automatic pilot" forgetting the wonderful gifts that are present in my world. I turn on the News and it seems only "bad" stuff" is happening. Thanksgiving, to me, is a day to reflect my good fortune, but more, it is a yearly reminder of my obligation to those known and unknown, that have given me a hand up. I see those poor souls running for their life and the lives of their children. and it makes me feel guilty that I'm not able to be of more help to them. The anguish and sheer powerlessness of their world must be beyond endurance. Yet for most another day does dawn, with more of the same. That forces me to give thanks and extend a hand-up as I am able. I find that the opportunity's to be of service to others come at unexpected times and bring unexpected rewards. May you all be as fortunate as I have been.

We had a good time getting together with friends, got out today to see the Christmas decorations. We are having a lot of work done on the house, surrounded by some very hard-working and talented craftsmen. I can take a Sonnar apart, convert it to Leica mount. Piece of wood and a saw, dry-wall, painting, plumbing, etc- I bring in someone that knows what they are doing.

Back