Fuji Hard decision

I sorta lust after that 10-24 lens. The more I shoot, the more fun I have with very wide angles.

I enjoy shooting with the 10-24 but I'M also getting hard lessons from it. Not all my shots are in focus even at the same settings. I think I have to get used to it and learn the way it works. But it's very fun.

I do very, VERY little post. I find that's possible only by shooting in all-manual, all the time. When I do post process, I use Polarr, an online platform, and I use jpgs.

As for the missed focus, I'm a little surprised by that coming from such a (potentially) wide angle lens. Especially down at 10mm, I feel like aything smaller than f4 would just have the whole world in focus, starting about 3 feet in front of you?

I do very, VERY little post. I find that's possible only by shooting in all-manual, all the time. When I do post process, I use Polarr, an online platform, and I use jpgs.

As for the missed focus, I'm a little surprised by that coming from such a (potentially) wide angle lens. Especially down at 10mm, I feel like aything smaller than f4 would just have the whole world in focus, starting about 3 feet in front of you?

I noticed it yesterday and thought it was camera shake or something like the so today I sette the minimum shutter speed at 1/125 but in some photos it happened again. It happens mostly at 24mm and the same shot with same settings handheld one is blurry and the other tack sharp so it sure is my fault. If I can go out tomorrow I will try again. I think that between two shots of the same subjects probably I move the focus point a little and that makes the shot blurry or a little blurry to be honest. Only a few shots.
At 10mm e erything is in focus and if not it's me who makes some mistakes. I'M shooting with xt1 body, tomorrow I'll try xt20.

This is exactly the reason I traded my 10-24 for the 16. I just had a hell of a time nailing focus. It was all in very low light so I blamed it on the f4 aperture.
Oh by the way, Get the glass, always get the glass. My Nikon kit consist of a lot of glass and a D700 that's about 10 years old. Still doing fine.

This is exactly the reason I traded my 10-24 for the 16. I just had a hell of a time nailing focus. It was all in very low light so I blamed it on the f4 aperture.
Oh by the way, Get the glass, always get the glass. My Nikon kit consist of a lot of glass and a D700 that's about 10 years old. Still doing fine.
I had the D700 still regretting selling it.
The 16 or 14 is not enough wide for me. But maybe I'll ad it to My kit somewhere in The future.

Well my D700 is getting long in the tooth and it's days are numbered but I love the camera. It gets out of the way and lets you shoot. I kept a 24 handy for my wide on the D700 so the 16 will be fine for me. If by chance I have to go wider I'll shoot a Pano . Also the XT-1 could have. something to do with failure to nail focus as I had a D7000 that would not lock on in low light where the D700 and D7200 would nail focus every time with the same aperture. The XT2 I hear is much better at auto focus

Well my D700 is getting long in the tooth and it's days are numbered but I love the camera. It gets out of the way and lets you shoot. I kept a 24 handy for my wide on the D700 so the 16 will be fine for me. If by chance I have to go wider I'll shoot a Pano . Also the XT-1 could have. something to do with failure to nail focus as I had a D7000 that would not lock on in low light where the D700 and D7200 would nail focus every time with the same aperture. The XT2 I hear is much better at auto focus

For me the overall AF is fine. Only had some issues with the 10-24 but I can live with it. I mainly shoot static subjects. Tuesday I'll have to shoot in low light but with the 18-55 so I don't think it will be a problem.

Back