Fuji Has anyone bought one of the $99 X10's from eBay?

The funny thing is that while a lot of us are thinking of it as a throw in the in car, throw away camera I look at the images I was able to create with the X10 when I had it before and it really is a lot more capable than people give it credit for. It may be ONLY 6MP in EXR mode but I have a few 13x19 prints that looks as good as anything else I have shot with "better" cameras. The X10 has a unique Spartan charm to it and is still capable in the right hands.

I'll bet it will work fine. I just pulled the trigger on one myself. But you (or the giftee) will probably have to pick up a few accessories. The camera ships with battery and charger but no other gear. That means no UBS cable, no lens cap and (I'll bet) no manual.
I grabbed an extra fuji battery from Amazon and an auto lens cap. That lens cap was lovely but annoying anyway.

I'm wondering if I should order my extra accessories now or wait until the camera arrives. If I was ordering a new camera there'd be no question about buying batteries, cables and lens caps right now.

With a scratch and dent sale like this I'm planning to wait just to see what kind of shape it's in when it gets here.

I ordered mine Friday night (after business hours). No shipment message yet.

Me too (a bit earlier in the day though). I got shipment notification this morning. Of course that doesn't mean it left yet. I did notice that is supposed to be shipping USPS Priority 2 day so maybe it'll arrive before the 25th (fingers crossed).

Ordered and paid 12/18/15, it was mailed at 2:18pm same day. it arrived in Spokane - 3 hours from me at 10 this morning. Tracking says I'll get it Monday the 28th. Which could be right if it was sent 1st class. All Priority and Express goes first. I'll take a peak again in the morning. If it were Priority I'd have it by 2pm tomorrow.

Me too (a bit earlier in the day though). I got shipment notification this morning. Of course that doesn't mean it left yet. I did notice that is supposed to be shipping USPS Priority 2 day so maybe it'll arrive before the 25th (fingers crossed).
Go to your Ebay Purchase History, the tracking number is there if it has been shipped. Plug it in at USPS.com for the latest status. It is the only place I can see that my X10 has now left Spokane.

Go to your Ebay Purchase History, the tracking number is there if it has been shipped. Plug it in at USPS.com for the latest status. It is the only place I can see that my X10 has now left Spokane.

Thanks...according to eBay it is supposed to arrive Tuesfay the 28th but according to USPS it's supposed to arrive the 24th. I like the second option better. :)

The X10 was my "gateway drug" to the Fuji X-System and a successful one given my purchasing patterns since... I think Kevin's description of it as "Spartan" is both accurate and evocative. I never did use it in EXR mode, by the way; I got decent results without, particularly in mono.

I have an X20 these days, but "The Little X10 That Could" still holds a special place in my affections, particularly given it's impact on this jaded old snapper who at the time had a bagful of Leica M and Nikon kit (and a bad back). I envy those of you who will open that parcel and "discover" it anew.

I hope, by the way, to see lots of X10 shots in SIJ ;)

Just got an email from the seller confirming he will not post to Australia. Missed my chance to own a 'classic'. :boohoo:

If you want you can buy it and send it to me and I can send it to you (I have a friend I do that for that lived in Paris...she's says it's cheaper). If you are interested PM the address you want it sent to and I can get an estimate on shipping when mine arrives (for weight).

I'd thought of this when the out of country shipping question came up too last week. First class international for 1 pound was just under $18 for postage. Camera weighs what? 13oz? plus box and peanuts. It might take a month to get to Australia on a slow boat but definitely cheap to ship!!

Back