Fuji Have read and seen enough. X20 ordered.

carlb

All-Pro
The 100% views of X20 photos on Flickr tell the story. The X20's xtrans sensor and lens combination give and exceptionally sharp resolution at low ISO.

Add in a well implemented optical viewfinder, decent auto-focus, fast aperture, and larger than usual compact sensor - that was enough- the X20 sold me.

Ordered from one of the Asian eBay camera shippers with a decent track record. Will be here within a week or two.

Now to get yet more winter shots with the X-E1 this week - Mid-March temps in the mid 20s Fahrenheit. :)

Congratulations! We will be X20 buddies shortly. :friends:

So we will assess your 500 shots that you take in the first month. hehe. :dance4:

I want one too but I'll wait for the price to drop unless I can pick one up cheaply this week.
My only doubt is the way in which smooth areas like distant foliage and feathers are being smoothed rather a lot - even at Base ISO.
Perhaps setting the NR to -2 will help but I want to see more samples of distant trees in poor daylight with sharpness retained to the left edge of the frame.

The camera seems to handle detail brilliantly ; it's the smooth areas that bother me. So come on guys get testing :)

as of tomorrow, it will be two months since i preordered. have a new, fast 32-gig SD card here waiting for it, and a Marumi UV filter, and a hood, and an ACMAXX lcd protector, and a narrow domke strap. only thing that's missing . . .

Arriving today 10:30AM Fedex ... Silver as originally ordered. Stoked! Think I just have to call in to use a vacation day today.

Now where's that truck?!

The 100% views of X20 photos on Flickr tell the story. The X20's xtrans sensor and lens combination give and exceptionally sharp resolution at low ISO.

Add in a well implemented optical viewfinder, decent auto-focus, fast aperture, and larger than usual compact sensor - that was enough- the X20 sold me.

Ordered from one of the Asian eBay camera shippers with a decent track record. Will be here within a week or two.

Now to get yet more winter shots with the X-E1 this week - Mid-March temps in the mid 20s Fahrenheit. :)

Great camera. Bought mine two weeks ago and it hasn't been out of my hands. As you can see from these images taken from the moment I switched it on until now.

Fuji X20 Exploration

Back