Fuji Have you received your X-T1 and what do you think?

they have bodies in stock right now so I imagine yours will ship, as to them processing during the holiday, they do not do anything related to the store during their holidays. On the site it says that you have to place your order by 12pm eastern time in order to have it shipped before the 22nd of April

I ordered a second body from B&H and it was shipped out just under the wire today so I will have it by the end of the week along with other body returning from Fuji(fixing the light leak issue)

grrrrr.... My order from a month ago has still not all shipped. The 56 1.2 and the sd card both switched to "new order processign standard" over a week ago, but they haven't effing shipped yet, which means I get to wait until after this awesome trip we're taking starting friday.

Screen cracked..
It was so windy, the wind blew my tripod mounted camera off onto the concrete...!!

13823603815_f29dbb0d26.jpg

So off to Fuji it will go.. be careful everybody!

That sucks!

I tested the X-T1 for a week about a month ago and loved it. Need to sell some things and pick one up. Getting itchy for that viewfinder again.

Indeed. I sold the last of my FF Canon gear this weekend and intend on picking up an X-T1 and 56mm as soon as they are readily available. Until then I'll make due with the X100S and my meager m43 kit (if I need to do any portrait work)

I luckily got mine from Ritz camera back when the xt1 was out of stock everywhere else. If you haven't ordered yours yet just have a look, they might have some in stock.

Hyperdrive Note III

As far as the 56mm..I had mine on back order from amazon...One day I go look at my order status and noticed they had 3 in Stock but my order wasn't processed. I had to cancel my pre order and reorder again and it went through and they shipped it out. So just giving a heads up to check your pre order if picking one up on amazon

Hyperdrive Note III

Indeed. I sold the last of my FF Canon gear this weekend and intend on picking up an X-T1 and 56mm as soon as they are readily available. Until then I'll make due with the X100S and my meager m43 kit (if I need to do any portrait work)
so, you are making the move. hopefully, you're able to work with the cons over what your canon was able to do, better.

I luckily got mine from Ritz camera back when the xt1 was out of stock everywhere else. If you haven't ordered yours yet just have a look, they might have some in stock.

Hyperdrive Note III
i didn't even think ritz was around anymore.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

so, you are making the move. hopefully, you're able to work with the cons over what your canon was able to do, better.

Honestly, for what I shoot I don't think there is a lot the Canon (5DII) would do better. At wide apertures front or back focus issues were annoying, in low light AF was abysmal with anything other than center point, flash sync wasn't much better than the Fuji cameras, and while the AF tracking is certainly better (with the center point only) I don't anticipate a problem with the Fuji. The canon obviously did better video but I don't shoot much of that. High ISO is better on the FF camera but the Fujis are still pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Domke straps - the thing that bothers me about the swivel quick release is that the swivel is on the end of the piece that connects to the camera and not to the strap - meaning that if you remove the gripper strap, you're left with the metal pieces dangling. I'd rather have it the other way around.

yeah, in actual usage, they suck. i regret not getting just the regular one. but the only time i'd disconnect it is for tripod shots. i got tired of using a universal qr plate on the body especially since it would clamp the screen, so i forgot about bringing my tripod anywhere. i had already pre-ordered both the RRS L set for the body, and the L-bracket for the vertical grip, but those are taking a long time. the one time i did disconnect the strap, i had clasped both qr pieces together. what i hate is that they're metal which adds weight which it keeps hitting the body. i like the clips that came along with my crumpler strap which those clips i use on my x-e2. i finally found a company that makes similar qr clips that are even better than the crumpler ones. i've been meaning to order a few sets. i've got to find that site again.

Back