Pentax HD Pentax-D FA★ 85mm F/1.4 ED SDM AW officially released

gordo

Hall of Famer
Name
Gordon
The beast is released. 1255g of potential awesome. With a price tag matching the heavy weight. :whistle:

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see how well this thing performs.

Full announcement info can be found at the review site, the rumor site, or the Pentax forum site. The press release was not on the Ricoh US website when I looked.

Ricoh introduces HD Pentax-D FA* 85mm F1.4 lens

Announced: HD PENTAX-D FA★ 85mm f/1.4ED SDM AW lens for K-mount - Pentax Rumors

D FA★ 85mm F1.4 Announcement - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

I don't doubt that the lens is superb. But did they really spend so much money engineering the lens that they had no money leftover for a translator to help with this product launch?

"This lens was developed for the ultimate in image quality, so that you can feel the true power of the lens without having to rely on the image sensor or image processing. The quality viewfinder image reveals subject vibrancy and details the moment you look through the optical viewfinder, delivering a refined shooting experience where you can feel the very atmosphere of the scene. "

I don't doubt that the lens is superb. But did they really spend so much money engineering the lens that they had no money leftover for a translator to help with this product launch?

"This lens was developed for the ultimate in image quality, so that you can feel the true power of the lens without having to rely on the image sensor or image processing. The quality viewfinder image reveals subject vibrancy and details the moment you look through the optical viewfinder, delivering a refined shooting experience where you can feel the very atmosphere of the scene. "
I thought I was on one of my Leica forums there for a minute.

Ricoh Pentax doesn't really do much marketing-wise, except maybe in parts of Asia. Better translation would have been nice.

That is ridiculously heavy. Guess I won’t be getting it :)

My 77 isn't worried about replacement. I do hope the 85 sells well enough to recoup investment and make some money for Pentax.

Now, the new APS-C body might be a threat to my wallet... :whistle:

Back