Leica Heads-Up, Amedeo is putting his Adapters up on Ebay again-

Thanks for the heads-up. I did order one, 3 were available at the time. I've been looking for one for a while but was a bit afraid of buying with posting from Venezuela given current situation. Hope this new ones now machined in the USA also have the great quality (almost) everyone reports. With duties this should cost about Eur 450, so a pretty high amount for an adapter, but I do love the Nikkors I have and economically makes sense comparing with buying M lenses in paralel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up. I did order one, 3 were available at the time. I've been looking for one for a while but was a bit afraid of buying with posting from Venezuela given current situation. Hope this new ones now machined in the USA also have the great quality (almost) everyone reports. With duties this should cost about Eur 450, so a pretty high amount for an adapter, but I do love the Nikkors I have and economically makes sense comparing with buying M lenses in paralel.

Hi, from my recent experience your 450 euros estimate is possibly too high; I had the Internal Contax adapter delivered to France recently (my second Amedeo as I also have the "full" Contax) at the height of the recent troubles and although it was a little delayed, it got through. When the delivery service mailed me for the duty shortly afterwards the bill was as follows:

Duty : 5€
Handling fee for Duty: 12.50€
Duty on handling fee for duty: 2.50€

so 20 € in total and only 5€ of that for the adapter. I am supposing that Amedeo was "economical" with his valuations :) Of course your experience may differ, let's hope not.

Unfortunately I am rarely so lucky with buying things from Japan.

Hi,

Customs control here appears to be very tight, I'm always "unlucky"!

I still haven't received the adapter, but got the bill already: 61,24 Eur VAT + 5,72 Eur duties + 12,00 Eur service fee = 78,96 Eur. So, about 335 Eur in total. I was probably thinking in GBP while I was actually paying USD, so my previous estimate was not correct.

First test of my Amedeo Nikon to M-Mount adapter. I have the "Millenium-Nikkor 50mm F1.4" on it, the lens that came with my S3-2000. This lens is sharp.

Focus is perfect from 0.65m to infinity.

L1021452.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
L1021450.jpg
L1021474.jpg
L1021478.jpg

I also have the dedicated 50mm Contax to M-Mount adapter, and keep a post-war Zeiss 50mm F1.5 Sonnar on it. The Zeiss adapter uses an indexed cam to maintain focus from 0.65m to infinity. It is also perfect.

Amedeo makes the best adapters for using Contax and Nikon S-Mount lenses on a Leica. He also added a Voigtlander Prominent adapter. I have a prominent to S-Mount adapter already for my 50mm F1.5 Nokton in Prominent mount, so will use it with the Nikon adapter.

The post-war Zeiss (Opton) 50mm F1.5 is probably the sharpest of the vintage Sonnars. These cannot be converted to Leica mount using a J-3 focus mount. The focal length is not easy to adjust, meaning it is made to the Zeiss standard and will stay that way. The Amedeo Contax to M-Mount adapter uses an indexed cam- focus is perfect across range.
L1017693.jpg
L1017713.jpg
L1017734.jpg
L1017779.jpg

Last edited:
It would be lovely if Amedeo extends his range - and introduces adapters with the two other framelines (35 and 90). I have a very sharp (extremely . . ) Nikkor 85mm but it is shoot and pray.

The 75mm framelines at 2m and farther show 100% of the 85mm FOV. Try framing using the inner boundary of the framelines.

Likewise- the 105mm Nikkor is accurate with the 90mm framelines.

Yes- the M mount bring up the 50mm framelines, which also bring up the 75mm lines. The 75mm lines can be used to frame the 85mm Nikkor and Zeiss lenses.

I did buy one of these adaptor recently listed on eBay. I don't want to be overly stressful while I see no evolution on my tracking for almost two weeks, but I feel I need to make some quick remarks that might help someone also buying.

Amedeo used the Ebay Delivery service, a ESUS* tracking (this is different from the Ebay Global Shipping Program), despite listing informing USPS International Priority. I buy stuff regularly from the US (including from Amedeo before), posted with USPS: it has good tracking and I can take care of customs clearing in advance and with a reasonable fee.

I don't buy when seller lists Ebays delivery/shipping, as there is conflict of interests by Ebay, and will most likely not protect actually buyer. There are numerous reports of tracking marked as "delivered", when its apparently not. Also, tracking is very strangely not available on any website...

Please see I don't want to raise any doubts as regards Amedeo himself, I bough from him before and would like o buy again!

But as it was myself alerting here about the availability of adapters, I'd feel bad not sharing/alerting this with anyone that might be interested in purchasing, recommending to try to get in contact with Amedeo to organize a different shipping method.

Back