Leica Heads-Up, Amedeo is putting his Adapters up on Ebay again-

jssaraiva

Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Porto, Portugal
José
Thanks for the heads-up. I did order one, 3 were available at the time. I've been looking for one for a while but was a bit afraid of buying with posting from Venezuela given current situation. Hope this new ones now machined in the USA also have the great quality (almost) everyone reports. With duties this should cost about Eur 450, so a pretty high amount for an adapter, but I do love the Nikkors I have and economically makes sense comparing with buying M lenses in paralel.

Last edited:

Woodallp

Rookie
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks for the heads-up. I did order one, 3 were available at the time. I've been looking for one for a while but was a bit afraid of buying with posting from Venezuela given current situation. Hope this new ones now machined in the USA also have the great quality (almost) everyone reports. With duties this should cost about Eur 450, so a pretty high amount for an adapter, but I do love the Nikkors I have and economically makes sense comparing with buying M lenses in paralel.

Hi, from my recent experience your 450 euros estimate is possibly too high; I had the Internal Contax adapter delivered to France recently (my second Amedeo as I also have the "full" Contax) at the height of the recent troubles and although it was a little delayed, it got through. When the delivery service mailed me for the duty shortly afterwards the bill was as follows:

Duty : 5€
Handling fee for Duty: 12.50€
Duty on handling fee for duty: 2.50€

so 20 € in total and only 5€ of that for the adapter. I am supposing that Amedeo was "economical" with his valuations :) Of course your experience may differ, let's hope not.

Unfortunately I am rarely so lucky with buying things from Japan.

jssaraiva

Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Porto, Portugal
José
Hi,

Customs control here appears to be very tight, I'm always "unlucky"!

I still haven't received the adapter, but got the bill already: 61,24 Eur VAT + 5,72 Eur duties + 12,00 Eur service fee = 78,96 Eur. So, about 335 Eur in total. I was probably thinking in GBP while I was actually paying USD, so my previous estimate was not correct.

Latest threads

Top Bottom