Fuji Hello Again.. Hello..

Isoterica

Hall of Famer
I'm new, but not. I joined Xspot when Amin first created the forum but at the time had no Fuji camera to share in the fun with. Not so secretly I was hoping to win the one he had offered up however fast forward a brief time [that feels like it's been forever since I have wanted the X100 since it was first advertized] and my X100s will be coming to my door within a couple hours. I have reservations of course, fear that it might not be what I have envisioned it as and what other people who are thrilled with it claim it to be-- and justification of that price tag for which I will have to sell my new GR as well as several other things. Anyone desire a Ricoh GR? Canon lenses? :D

I just read Bills post on his new kit and can somewhat sympathize with his desire to seek out new gear (cue in Star Trek music- yes TNG is on the tv right now), to see if it will fuel is enthusiasm as even while taking my GR and G12 to Italy last month.. my cameras felt like necessary tools, not like the wonder that my little Rebel XSi felt like when I first got it. Mind you it wasn't the camera though I thought that camera was absolutely amazing for what I could do with it, it was what I was producing with it that so addicted me. The newness of it all.

So..I am hoping that the camera that had caught my eye a couple years ago and was eternally out of reach and by rights should still be, because unlike Bill I did not sell my other gear-- yet/first, will fuel my desire to not only shoot when there are occasions to shoot but shoot daily as I used to just because I can't fathom not having my camera with me. And hoping as my eyes will actually be able to focus through the vf because after several eye infections I just can't see like I used to. I'd blame you, John (entropic remnants) for this because you just got your Fuji.. but I think it was a hormonal blip that took me out so.. :D

Hello again all!

- Kristen

ALSO: How can I change the general forum colors, I know before there was a way to choose how you wanted to see it. *I don't mean my personal profile but like the main pages etc. I have a really dark gray that I can't see the links in without highlighting them.. assist?

Kristen, welcome baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!! I'm excited for you about that soon to be yours X100s and hope you end up feeling it's a match.

I don't know what if any changes were made to the EVF/OVF on the X100s, however I've found the X00's to be excellent.

Best wishes and may the count down go quickly!:2thumbs:

Kristen, welcome baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!! I'm excited for you about that soon to be yours X100s and hope you end up feeling it's a match.

I don't know what if any changes were made to the EVF/OVF on the X100s, however I've found the X00's to be excellent.

Best wishes and may the count down go quickly!:2thumbs:

Thanks BB! Mostly I think it's just needing a VF.. the GR is great but the lcd presents problems for me.. plus something just feels off to my shooting. It's an amazing camera and I may regret the trade but I won't know until I try.

Kristen, here at work where I write automation software that few understand I get blamed for most everything. Why should the forums be different, lol?

But seriously, I love the little X100 and I had very low expectations for the "usability" of it. I guess the firmware solved those issues just enough to exceed my expectations based on all the negative stuff I've read. I'm not sure about the X100S and what you're expecting.

What surprised me was how much I liked it and how fast. In truth, I do like almost any camera that gives me images I'm delighted with and I've gotten those images out of almost anything I shoot. Speaking of StarTrek maybe I'm like the Borg: I adapt, lol.

That being said, I sure hope you like the X100. I've been carrying it around to see if I still want to carry it around and so far it's a "yes", warts and all. I can only imagine the X100S will be even better. I'd relax and let it all happen.

I'm sorry about your eyes, but I hope the hybrid viewfinder may bring a lot to the table in that regard as you have three choices for how to "see" between, OVF, EVF, and LCD.

Edit: Go here for the color change: https://www.fujixspot.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

When you get there, scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" and select a "skin". I use the dark one as my aging eyes prefer the contrast.

What surprised me was how much I liked it and how fast. In truth, I do like almost any camera that gives me images I'm delighted with and I've gotten those images out of almost anything I shoot. Speaking of StarTrek maybe I'm like the Borg: I adapt, lol.

That being said, I sure hope you like the X100. I've been carrying it around to see if I still want to carry it around and so far it's a "yes", warts and all. I can only imagine the X100S will be even better. I'd relax and let it all happen.

I'm sorry about your eyes, but I hope the hybrid viewfinder may bring a lot to the table in that regard as you have three choices for how to "see" between, OVF, EVF, and LCD.

Edit: Go here for the color change: https://www.fujixspot.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

When you get there, scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" and select a "skin". I use the dark one as my aging eyes prefer the contrast.

They do not adapt, John.. they assimilate! Then you have the Daleks that Exterminate! The Cybermen that Delete! and the Zombies that Eat Brainnsss. Er.. okay anyway..

And John you are just good at taking photos so you could wring art out of a disposable I'm sure. I'm not looking for the camera to do it all for me but I have been buying others because of the Fuji's daunting pricetag and while they have been decent.. they just weren't IT for me. You bought the X100 so you have to admit you wanted beyond what you already were shooting with. Call it what you will ;)

With my eyes, I am hoping that the phase detection in the split image option will function similar to my rangefinder with which I have no problem getting a sharp focus. I'm tired of having to rely almost solely on autofocus because sometimes it blows the composition, even the shot. It is a valuable tool but for me it can't be the only tool. And with several options from ovf to evf to lcd my chances, I am hoping, of getting what I want out of the camera should be increased.

And now the forum is a nice gray I can read, thanks!

They do not adapt, John.. they assimilate!

True enough but they are proud of their ability to adapt. I don't know if you watched "Voyager" but Seven-of-Nine was very proud of her ability as a former Borg to adapt and it's of that I was speaking... although come to think of it I do assimilate my cameras and exterminate my bank account -- food for thought.

And THANK YOU for your kind words.

Hello again :) I have the XE1 but still deliberate almost daily between buying yet another (I've already had two) X100 or the s version. I had a GR for a couple of weeks and loved it's output but sadly, I just couldn't see the screen without my reading glasses and so it's gone already. I just cannot make up my mind and will be reading avidly any input from you and Luke!

Hey Kristen.

I've had the X100s for a month or so. It is my favorite camera for the daily grind. The fixed lens is liberating, the camera's handling is superb, the resolution and IQ world class. I think you have nothing to fear with the one exception that I suffer, not holding up your end of the camera/photographer relationship.

Gary

They do not adapt, John.. they assimilate! Then you have the Daleks that Exterminate! The Cybermen that Delete! and the Zombies that Eat Brainnsss. Er.. okay anyway..

And John you are just good at taking photos so you could wring art out of a disposable I'm sure. I'm not looking for the camera to do it all for me but I have been buying others because of the Fuji's daunting pricetag and while they have been decent.. they just weren't IT for me. You bought the X100 so you have to admit you wanted beyond what you already were shooting with. Call it what you will ;)

With my eyes, I am hoping that the phase detection in the split image option will function similar to my rangefinder with which I have no problem getting a sharp focus. I'm tired of having to rely almost solely on autofocus because sometimes it blows the composition, even the shot. It is a valuable tool but for me it can't be the only tool. And with several options from ovf to evf to lcd my chances, I am hoping, of getting what I want out of the camera should be increased.

And now the forum is a nice gray I can read, thanks!

And remember the Archons... they absorb!

Landru Speaks - Star Trek TOS - Return of the Archons - YouTube

But seriously, nice to have you back. I also posted quite a bit after Amin launched the forum... but never got around to getting a Fuji. I'm still hoping for either an X-E1 or X100s by the end of the year.

Egad's my Bip is facing the wrong way! It keeps staring at me! Thumbs-up, easy, Bip... why won't it stop looking at me! Battery in, time set, feels great in the hand but Bip issues! *Not to mention I can't figure the adapter/hood out!

View attachment 2319

Attachments

• Bad Bip!.jpg
    Bad Bip!.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 166
Hello and welcome the second time around. To fit the adapter and hood you first need to unscrew the ring on the lens. Enjoy the new camera.

Thanks, actually I figured it out, it's similar to the other cameras I have, just had to get the nerve to give it a twist.

Throw some teflon tape on the Blip ... that may shorten the turns. If the tape on the threads doesn't work, then wrap the top in teflon tape.

=G=

There isn't a lot of turn to the soft release and after reading Amin's post that he turned his too hard and damaged the camera I don't want to apply too much pressure to it. I've seen people put a little rubber grommet thing under them so they can torque them down so when hubby gets home I will see what he has stored away to do that. They also say that helps to not lose the bip as they tend to unscrew.

The Teflon tape will accomplish the same thing as a rubber grommet/washer. If you can't get the blip turned around, and don't mind feeling like a kidnapper, I'd cut little pieces of Duct Tape and cover the eyes. (I'm into tape.)
G

Must... NOT.. .cover new Shiney.. with TAPE... ahhhhhhh!!! Uhm okay to be honest I did cover the GR logo and Canon logos when on vacation out of paranoia.. but no I can't cover my little demon soft release.. even if he stares at me. I'll get him squared eventually, maybe :D

Back