Hello from a newbie!

wakefijr

Rookie
Name
Rob Wakefield
Hi,

My name is Rob and have just come across this site. After getting back into photography I got hold of a Canon DSLR plus a few lenses, which are great!. However, I enjoy walking and found carrying round the DSLR kit when doing a few miles cumbersome so started thinking about a pocketable P&S. Not wanting to go over the top to start with I picked up a used Sony DSC- HX20V cheap from Ebay. This is just perfect for my needs, producing excellent images whilst giving me a bit of versatility with the settings. The zoom range is also very useful although, I suppose, most of my shots are in the 1-5x (25-125mm) range. With me carrying round the Sony most of the time, the problem I have now is that I am finding I am using this much more than the DSLR!. Starting to think about upgrading the Sony in the coming months so will probably seek views on what to get next :)

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the site. It seems to me that we're living in a golden age for cameras which are more capable than P&S types and smaller than DSLRs. In the last few weeks several new models have come to the market to add to what was already a reasonable selection of compact cameras for enthusiasts. Plenty of opinions about all of them to be found here.

-R.

Back