Hello from a Ricoh Lover

jorgeledesma

Regular
Hello group,

I'm Jorge Ledesma, a small compact aficionado and lover of all things photography. If I had to choose a description I believe the masthead of my blog gives a description I like:

I write a personal blog about the intersection of life & photography with a focus on various genres including street, documentary and abstract photography

A good friend of Wouter Brandsma recommended I join and well here I am. I hope to contribute and also learn from everyone. I'm currently doing a Weekly Project 2012 again inspired and motivated by Mr. Brandsma.

What else, I loved the Ricoh GRD III and used it extensively here's my most seen image from Flickr of all time and you guessed its from the GRDIII

6149127486_9d93ce1d96_z.jpg

Prior to this I also used the Nikon P700 which is a very capable digicam but too bulky for my taste and I ended up selling and going over to the M43 world. Below is an image from the P7000 I'm quite happy with.

5748906220_ea1f8e676e_z.jpg

Going back to the Ricoh GRD III I wrote a post sometime last year titled "Shooting like Daido Moriyama in action" and I used this image to highlight the technique.

6114690175_901022efce_z.jpg

And more recently although not taken with the GRDIII but instead with my current digicam the Lumix GF1 I took this one, off course inspired by the maestro Daido Moriyama.

6613381075_805e91e6ea_z.jpg

But, I think this forum will more than likely understand where I can from and my adoration of the Ricoh GRD III here are a couple of more frames.

6132460135_85afcba154_z.jpg

6118773086_aea18a55c5_z.jpg

6139019644_edc8f9c8a2_z.jpg

Well, that's my introduction, glad to be here guys/gals. I'm looking forward to 2012. Wait, one more thing, I don't know why but I have this quintessential desire to own a Ricoh GX200, the idea of a small zoom is very appealing, notwithstanding that desire, I'm getting instead an LX5/LVF1 combo as my day to day kit, off course coupled with the GF1 and slew of manual lenses for special things.

Cheers,
Jorge Ledesma

PS. my weapon of choice these days
gf1oly17mm_sc.jpg

Yes, Jorge, yours is a wonderful introduction - welcome to you from Miami, from me up here in cold New York! I'm so glad you came on over and look forward to your involvement across the forums. I believe you've also jumped into our Single In January, as well. Love your enthusiasm!:drinks:

welcome aboard. Can I ask how your name is pronounced, so I'm not mispronouncing it in my head every time I read it? I know it's pronounced differently in different cultures and by different people and would like to get it right. Your street shots are impressive! Glad to see you are singling in, too. The gf1 is a frequent companion of mine.

G'day from Australia mate (y)

What an excellent introduction!!! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to offer us a carefully considered first step. A word of warning that comes from your intro:
WWait, one more thing, I don't know why but I have this quintessential desire to own a Ricoh GX200, the idea of a small zoom is very appealing, notwithstanding that desire, I'm getting instead an LX5/LVF1 combo as my day to day kit, off course coupled with the GF1 and slew of manual lenses for special things.
Careful the Fuji X10 images and users on here. They may try and sway you to their camp. And rightly so as it seems a great camera - especially with what you've described here! ;)

Enjoy every minute with us here mate and every fraction of a second with whatever camera you have with you when each moment arrives!!

Wat'cha mate

As we say in cockney land......"wat'cha mate, how's it goin'?

Welcome to another GRD3 user. Sound choice. Look forward to seeing more posts.

Back