Hello from another Canuck (Vancouver BC)

Darren

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and see what I can learn/share.

Recently I aquired a Samsung NX1000 camera with standard 20-30mm lens. Right now I am building this kit with the thought in mind of a compact high image quality kit that I can use on the bicycle when the wife and I go (hopefully) to Italy next year. Currently, for the whole kit I have the following: adapters for L39, M42 and Rollei which I will use with my Jupiter-8, Jupiter-9, Industar-26M and 50mm Planar. For new lenses I have the Samsung 30mm f2 and a Samyang 8mm fisheye (which seems to work well with RectFish for less dramatic views when needed). To that I have ordered some flash triggers that are supposed to work with the NX1000.

Along with the camera I plan to use my Galaxy 2 Tablet in conjunction with the EyeFi X2 Pro 8Gb SD card - it allows me to shoot (sort of) tethered as well as use the endless memory function to dump the pics from the card.

Hope to chat with you in the future.

Take care
Darren

Thanks Gang,

I will certainly share what I can for critique etc. We've been talking about this trip for a couple years now so I think, barring any work disasters, we're going to try for a September time frame. I haven't been to Italy for several years now and my wife never has and we both thought the idea of pedaling throught the country side and eating without guilt would be perfect :). Last year we took a few days and rode around the San Juan Islands and the year before some of the Canadian Gulf Islands. Don't know what it is but cycling seems to slow things down and you get to see the country side a little more and meet more people, not to mention food seems to taste so much better for some reason.

Anyway, looking forward to the occasional visit here and maybe I can get some more picture taking time in.

Have a great day!
Darren

Back