Hello from Bellingham

D

dixeyk

I'm a new to me Panasonic LX3 owner. I'm also a regular over at the sister site mu-43.com. I've been dabbling with photography for years. I started my photographic life with a Canonet QL17 and an Olympus 35RC back in the 90's and have been hooked on rangefinders ever since.

As I approach the half century mark I find that I enjoy documenting my explorations and travels more than I enjoy pixel peeping so I find that small and versatile is what i want most in a camera(s). Living in the Pacific NW I have a number of opportunities for interesting stuff to photograph (although outdoor photography can be quite the challenge given the looooong rainy winter).

I'm currently in the midst of a picture a day challenge that you can take a look at here. Most of the shots are with my EPL-1 but I'm starting to use the LX3 for the images as well.

dixeyk, thanks for your introduction and I'm so glad you've joined us here! If you feel like it, do add your Zenfolio site to your signature line. I'm looking forward to seeing you here and there.:D

Thank you all...I am noticing so may familiar (faces?) on this board. Its like an alternate universe with the same population. Too funny.

welcome: i also did or attemped the pic a day thing over at mu43... haha..only got up to mid 40's. Takes alittle dedication. \
Anywho, welcome
Pete

welcome: i also did or attemped the pic a day thing over at mu43... haha..only got up to mid 40's. Takes alittle dedication. \
Anywho, welcome
Pete

I think I'm up to day 43...but I did lose count somewhere along the way. At least I'm keeping the spirit of the challenge going. It is a good deal harder than I thought it would be...but also rewarding.

G'day from a fresh face from Down Under.

Welcome mate. Great place this....so look forward to enjoying your company and 'war' stories.

Funny you mention the 'photo-a-day' challenge. I started this over at another site - it's for one of the big clunky cameras so I don't fear too much competition but would rather not mention their name on here (saving me a little embarrassment I suppose) . It was a great way to develop skills - both photographically and socially. The "Single in [insert name of month here]" challenges still continue to this day...and there's a few photo books spawned from them. Might be good to start the same challenges on here.....if that's technically possible?

Here are a few to share...getting used to my LX3

p1059128953-4.png

View attachment 34278

p628092113-4.jpg

Back